Complaint Review: Enterprise Car Rental

• Updated: Thu, April 07, 2011

• Reported By: Marie — Woodbridge New Jersey United States of America
Enterprise Car Rental
1245 ST. GEORGES AVE Colonia, New Jersey United States of America

Enterprise Car Rental Enterprise Rental Publicly humiliating lecture (trainees and customer(s) from mgr about insurance. On STD weather-related - severe COPD, ran out of oxygen, was crying and he continued to berate me. Gave only 1/2 refund Colonia, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: People can attack me all they feel like I will not give In or stop posting comments I am a human being to not some dog people can abuse I am tired of people thinking I don't have any rights

*Consumer Comment: Hey, Charles......

*Consumer Comment: To Flynrider There Is No Need For you To Post Useless insluts Or Put People Down

*Consumer Comment: No surprise.

*Consumer Comment: Why don't you grow up to the last person who made a comment its all about stealing and doing custormers wrong these days and you make things worse

*Consumer Comment: You need to grow up.

*UPDATE Employee: We are listening and would like to discuss.

The experience I had with the "salesman" at Enterprise on St. George
Avenue/Rte 35 in Colonia, NJ
still upset me months later.  Right now, I am nervous since I slipped a note under the door Saturday afternoon and don't want any trouble since I am sure this is what Enterprise management wants their people to do when a customer asks for refunds and this guy is also a victim.

But, if Enterprise encourages this type public lecturing made me uncontrollably sob in the office after I was told about my not reading what I signed when I asked for the insurance to be
canceled retroactively and my total misunderstanding about what type of insurance I purchased.  If this is what Enterprise does, I want a full refund as well as some punitive damage award due to the stress this experience has caused me.  I am a hard-working person who tries to be ethical and kind - who has made many mistakes but thank God still has a conscience.

The Manager (in front of staff and customers) went on and on how if I had had an accident, I would have immediately looked to Enterprise and their insurance company and not mine - I doubt that
companies operated that way when they find out redundancy in coverage.  I
wonder and will find out what happens if Enterprise's insurance
provider actually pays out anything when a customer has their own
policy/polices.  He said he was being more than fair to give me half a refund.

In the end, an articulate, educated and extremely nice trainee brought me home and even brought my groceries to the door since I couldn't do it.I rented a "weekend special" plus, I recall, one additional day.  My son drove himself back to his NJ school with my car (freshman can only have a car on campus for no more than 2 weeks/year).

There's more to the story since another nice trainee who rented me the car got me interested in checking out sales of rental cars and I spent a good amount of time the day the rental was return with great people at an Enterprise Sales Office.

I remember thinking it odd that getting back the rental at the exact minute may have been an issue even though I spent a good deal of time at an Enterprise Sales office and thought that would excuse me  I got the impression about being late may be an issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2011 12:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Car-Rental/Colonia-New-Jersey-07067/Enterprise-Car-Rental-Enterprise-Rental-Publicly-humiliating-lecture-trainees-and-custome-713460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Car Rental

I will never understand why I am such a target, or why people continue to post mean things to me people will never learn.  Well this will not scare me into exposing stop exposing bad business,  so people can "Attack" me all they feel like.

I do not know why people zero In on me all the time,  could It be they don't like the truth to be exposed for the reason why they love to attack me & accuse me everything,  In the book.  This nonsense Is getting old.

I do not know why people chose me to pick on I will,  not "Give In".  Then other people think they have the right to jump In to bother me even more.  You can harass me all you feel like but,  I will continue to post comments.

People are such "Assholes".

Hey, Charles......

AUTHOR: Lawrence - (USA)

You are such a victim, aren't you. Everyboy has it in for you. Everything is all about you, you, you.
Poor thing.
BTW to the OP: This should have been a lesson learned, worth its weight in gold. Stop being a vitim like poor Charles.

AUTHOR: Charles - (USA)

To Flynrider There Is No Need For you To Post Useless insluts Or Put People Down,  But Like Usually I Can't Post A Comment Without Being Insulted From Assholes Like You.  Its Peoples Goal To Give Me A Hardtime.

All These Commentators Like To Do Is Cause Me More Grief,  & cause me more problems.  But that Is their intentions.

No surprise.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

I would expect you to respond like that, Charles.   You are the epitome of the irresponsible crybaby.   Everything that happens to you is always someone else's responsibility.

Fortunately for rental car companies, you have driven yourself into such a deep financial hole that they should not need to worry about you signing a contract with them in the forseeable future.

AUTHOR: Charles - (USA)

Why don't you do some growing up its all about stealing & doing people wrong,  & causing the mental anguish.  And you make things worse for people by attacking them.

You need to grow up.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"made me uncontrollably sob in the office after I was told about my not reading what I signed when I asked for the insurance to be canceled retroactively and my total misunderstanding about what type of insurance I purchased."

So, you opted to buy insurance for a car rental, then you wanted to be refunded after the rental was over?   That's ridiculous.    Did you read the rental contract?   The part about insurance is very clear.   If it wasn't clear to you, you shouldn't have signed.  If you go through life signing things that you don't understand, you will be the victim of every con and shady salesman you encounter.   It's that simple.

You were insured (by contract) for the time that you rented the car.   If you later found out that your own insurance would have covered it, that's your bad.  Crying will not get you out of the bad decisions you make in life.  If you act like a child, you should expect to be lectured like one.  Adults take responsibility for their contractual obligations and to not cry when they don't get a "do over".

The fact that they're willing to give you half of the insurance premium back (when in reality they owe you nothing) shows that they are being more than generous.

I want a full refund as well as some punitive damage award due to the stress this experience has caused me."

Yeah, that'll happen.  :-)))))

We are listening and would like to discuss.

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

Thank you Marie for your post.  We would like to discuss further about your recent rental you
had at our local branch in Colonia, NJ.  We would appreciate if you could provide any rental agreement numbers, first and last name of the primary renter, dates you picked up and to please put reference # 110405-001563 in the subject line.  You can email us at care[at]enterprise.com with this information.

I apologize for any frustration you have had to go through at this point, but we are looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully we can find a final resolution. (Kyle)