Complaint Review: Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Car Rental
321 BRUCE REYNOLDS BLVD Fort Lee, New Jersey USA

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

*Author of original report: Enterprise Car Rental Disappointed with Enterprise Rent A Car — Fort Lee New Jersey

I was in an accident and needed to get my car repaired.  My insurance company linked me up with an Enterprise Rental Car.  The car was a Volkswagen Passat.

I explained to the person that there has to be some mistake, as I barely used the vehicle, and I believe it was there when I rented the car.  The inspector insisted that it is not possible for them to rent out a car with a dent on it, and even if that is the case, it is still my fault since I didn't notice the "indentation", so it is now my responsible to pay to fix it, as it wasn't noted in my initial car check.  I told them that this is crazy and it is not fair that you can't really see the indentation unless you look closely at it.

Also, Enterprise already charged me a little over $600 on my credit card before they even send the car out for damage estimate. I believe this is a scam. DON'T RENT FROM ENTERPRISE!!!!  We'll see what happens next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2013 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Car-Rental/Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-07024/Enterprise-Car-Rental-Disappointed-with-Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-1093458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Johnny N,

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care@enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement, claim or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.  When emailing, please list Reference Number 131023-001727 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,  Carol H.  Social Media  Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Johnny L,

Thank you for your post concerning your damage claim.  My name is Kat and I am a Social Monitoring Coordinator for Enterprise Rent A Car and would like to assist you.  Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement number, and exact branch location so we can follow up with you directly.  Please also type reference number 131021-002334 in the subject line of your email.

Best Regards,

Kat

Social Monitoring Coordinator

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Johnny N - ()

I only used the car on the weekend to do shopping, I don't usually drive on weekday since I work in Manhattan. I returned the car about 11 - 12 days later. When I arrived at Enterprise Rental, the car inspector inform me that there is a dent on the driver side front fender in the car and they want to charge me a $500+ dollars to fix it. I couldn't tell there was a dent until inspector point it out to me.  I explained to the person that there has to be some mistake, as I barely used the vehicle, and I believe it was there when I rented the car.  The inspector insisted that it is not possible for them to rent out a car with a dent on it, and even if that is the case, it is still my fault since I didn't notice the "indentation", so it is now my responsible to pay to fix it, as it wasn't noted in my initial car check.  I told them that this is crazy and it is not fair that you can't see the indentation unless you look closely at it.

Another telling thing, as if the inspector knew where the car was dent, I was notified of the damage almost as soon as I got out of the car.