Complaint Review: Enterprise Car Rental

• Submitted: Tue, February 10, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 11, 2009

• Reported By:Bay Shore New York
Enterprise Car Rental
450 Sunrise Highway West Islip, New York U.S.A.

Enterprise Car Rental What a Scam!!! West Islip New York

*Consumer Suggestion: There May Be A Way Out Of This Mess

*Consumer Comment: He said,She said.

Received a rental car from the West Islip Enterprise on Monday, Feb.8,2009, after waiting 45 minutes. Quickly looked over car and man from rental place drove the car to my home and I drove him back. Parked car on my driveway and when I came out a little later I noticed there was a dent(8-9 inches) on passengers lower door which I missed this morning.

So I immediately drove the car back to show the man in the rental place and have him make a note of the dent I had missed on the car this morning. All of this only put 4 miles on the car.

When I went to return the car On Tuesday morning, the man came out of the rental place and checked the gas and went back in and drove me home.A few hours later I get a call from my insurance company to say that Enterprise called them and told them I was in a car accident with their car.

I was shocked!

When I called Enterprise to asked what was going on, I found out they had besides calling my insurance, had also send the car to an auto body shop,and they said I was responsible for it.

This all happened within a few hours, they are definitely pulling some kind of a Scam and I don't know what to do. They also said they didn't know what the damage on the car was it could even be totaled out.

Oh my goodness, what are they doing any help would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone beware of Enterprise Rental company in West Islip, something illegal is definitely going on there.

Andrew
Bay Shore, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2009 10:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Car-Rental/West-Islip-New-York-11795/Enterprise-Car-Rental-What-a-Scam-West-Islip-New-York-422748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Car Rental

#1 Consumer Suggestion

There May Be A Way Out Of This Mess

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Did the employee drive the car to your home home when you picked it up? If so, did you both inspect the car before you drove it back with him? If they only inspected the car at the Enterprise then you can claim the scratch occured when the employee was driving the car. Without a delivery inspection it's your word against theirs. Your insurance company will have a much stronger position to deal from.

He said,She said.

AUTHOR: Inspector - (U.S.A.)

How can you miss a 8-9 inch long dent? If you honestly did miss it then, you have to pay for it. It is the renter's responsibility to check for damage. Suck it up, move on, quit whinning, just pay for YOUR mistake. It is a small price for a valuable lesson.