Complaint Review: Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Car Rental
4810 Jefferson Davis Hwy Internet USA

Enterprise Car Rental Hail Damage scam Fredericksburg Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

Rented a Doidge Caravan last summer since our minivan broke down driving from Florida to our home in New Jersey. Rented it from Fredericksburg, VA. Drove it for 300 miles straight on I-95. Returned it within 24 hours to a branch in Englewood, NJ. They asked if I drove through hail to which I replied no.  They said that there was hail damage and my insurance needs to pay for it. My wife and I were in shock. One has to stand on the bumber to get to the roof of the car, to which neither I nor Addison (rep in Virginia) did. Anyways, there is no damage to the roof. They took it to an auto body shop to which they circled areas of the van that need to be buffed. No mention of the roof. Total charge for the buffing, 1,486.67. Weird invoice from auto body shop. Charges in removing panels to buff the car.

Elected not to use my insurance for the insurance fraud. Instead, filing reports with Consumer affairs.

Look at the pictures they took and the ones I took. Total scam. They use private insurance companies to maintain their cars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Car-Rental/internet/Enterprise-Car-Rental-Hail-Damage-scam-Fredericksburg-Virginia-1054872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for your post concerning your rental experience and hail damage claim.  My name is Katherine and I am a Social Media Coordinator for Enterprise Rent A Car and would like to assist you.  Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement number, and exact branch location so we can follow up with you directly.  Please also type reference number 130621-001738 in the subject line of your email.

Best Regards,