Complaint Review: Enterprise Holdings

• Reported By: Zunnurain — Brampton Ontario United States of America
Enterprise Holdings
PO Box 1943 STN A Toronto, Ontario United States of America

Enterprise Holdings Enterprise Rent-A-Car Damage Fraud Toronto, Ontario

*UPDATE Employee: DRU can help...

I have recently rented a car from the Aerowood Location of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, on the date of Thursday, April 1st, 2010. The car was a Nissan Sentra. The employee and I walked around the car and did a check to make sure it was ok, and everything seemed to be fine. I was told that I could come back later in the day to switch out for a bigger car if I felt the need. The car felt a bit cramped but nonetheless was fine but a little dirty from the inside.

I went back on the same afternoon of Thursday, April 1st, 2010 to switch out for a bigger car and I received a Dodge Charger. Again the employee and I walked around the car to inspect if everything was okay, I mentioned that the oil needed to be changed from looking at the service sticker, but told that it could be done after the car came back.

The car was running fine until the morning of Friday, April 9th, 2010. I had parked the car in the garage the night before on Thursday, April 8th, 2010 and the next morning found pink coolant all over my garage floor. I called the Enterprise Rent-A-Car and told them that the radiator was leaking, they told me to come as soon as possible to switch out into another car. That same afternoon of Friday, April 9th, 2010 I went back to the location and got switched out into a Nissan Altima. Again the employee and I walked around the car and everything was fine.

On Thursday, April 15th, 2010 I had gone to return the car at the location and was surprised to receive and vehicle accident report and accused to damaging the car and then trying to repair not to get caught. I was extremely furious with the situation and was told I had to sign the accident report verifying ONLY that there was radiator leak and not that I was NOT at fault. I told the employee that I wanted to speak to the people that take care of the vehicle repairs, I was given the phone number which is (905) 477-2199, and I had called them copious times and left messages for Titus, but regardless of my efforts I had not received any calls back.

On Wednesday, April 28th, 2010 I received a letter in the mail from Enterprise Rent-A-Car with an unknown sender for the amount of ridiculous amount of $1,628.84. You must be joking you are expecting me to pay for a problem that I did not create, maybe Enterprise Rent-A-Car should check their cars properly before giving them out to customers and not blame the customer for their incompetency. I am so much certain that this problem was not caused by me I am willing to sign an affidavit to support my truthfulness.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car should start investigating this problem from the previous customers and find the actual person responsible. I am looking forward to hearing back from your company, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2010 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Holdings/Toronto-Ontario-M5W-1W9/Enterprise-Holdings-Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Damage-Fraud-Toronto-Ontario-604868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Holdings

DRU can help...

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

We apologize for any frustration with this issue, our Damage Recovery Unit (DRU) is the best to handle this with - you may filed a dispute against the damage with them. Please give them a call at 866-244-4222 where they are available Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 5:00pm CST.

You'll need the "DX" number regarding the incident, which can be obtained from the renting location.

- Elizabeth with Enterprise Rent-A-Car