Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Updated: Thu, May 22, 2014

• Reported By: EngineersHaveData — Providence Rhode Island
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
333 NIANTIC AVENUE Cranston, Rhode Island USA

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Damage report upon return: "Scratched Right Read Door" - Bill 2 weeks later for a lot more damage Cranston Rhode Island

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

Rented a car, did the usual pre-rental check with the agent.  Upon return, he noted a clear coat scratch on the right rear passenger door.  I saw it too, photographed it, and acknowledeged it by signing the Enterprise Accident Damage Report - which states ONLY "Scratch right rear door."  Looked like a shopping cart ding.  I signed off that the right rear door was scratched.

Imagine my surprise when I got a bill for $497 that itemized several lines for:

Fuel Filler Door Labor

Inner Quarter Shield

Taillamp Assembly

Rear Bumper Cover

Absolutely NOTHING about FRONT DOOR, BUMPER, FUEL DOOR, MIRROR, or BUMPER was noted when I returned the car.  Looks like Enterprise took advantage of my acknowledgement of MY damage to bill me for ALL the little damage on the car.

I wrote them a check (fairly generous, I think) for about $330, which should easily cover the door scratch (and more.) They continue to bill me "for the balance."

I KEPT ALL THE RECEIPTS, DAMAGE REPORT, PHOTOS, AND CORRESPONDANCE.  If this doesn't border on a class-action lawsuit, at least it's attempted fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2014 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Cranston-Rhode-Island/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Damage-report-upon-return-Scratched-Right-Read-Door-Bill-2-wee-1148814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you.  Please contact us at care@enterprise.com with the complete details.  Include the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140523-000868 in the subject line.  We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,