Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Updated: Sun, December 02, 2012

• Reported By: Jonathan M — San Francisco California United States of America
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
P.O. BOX 842442 Dallas, TX 75284 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Enterprise Rent-A-Car Forges Customer Testimony, Makes Foney Damage Claim, Does Not Respond Dallas, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

Months ago, I rented a vehicle from Enterprise while my primary vehicle was being repaired at a nearby auto body shop. The rental vehicle was in an accident this was a fender bender for which I was at fault.

When directed, I promptly paid Enterprise for the damages. Days later, I received an email from Craig Pendolino, from the Enterprise Damage Recovery Unit, indicating demand for payment of another claim pertaining to damage sustained to the vehicles rear. I informed him that I did not cause this damage  I was merely involved in a fender bender (the vehicles front was affected, not the rear) and I was disputing its validity. He replied to the contrary, informing me that a branch representative, Jennifer Edmunds, made the following notation on my account:

TALKED TO CUSTOMER, UNAWARE OF HOW DAMAGE OCCURED. STATED THAT HE WAS NOT HIT WHEN HE REAR ENDED A 3RD PARTY AND THAT THE DAMAGE COULD HAVE OCCURED ANYWHERE. CUST IS NOT DISPUTING DAMAGES AND IS AWARE OF DEDUCTIBLE COLLECTION.

Additionally, Craig Pendolino stated, The adjuster for that claim is Jennifer Edmunds and you would need to contact her directly regarding any concerns you may have.

I attempted to reach Ms. Edmunds to no avail. I never spoke to her in the past I certainly never was made aware of the alleged rear damages. In one of my voicemails to her, I hypothesized that she may have phoned the auto body shop that referred me to Enterprise and spoke to one of their associates (I did not return the car directly to Enterprise branch, but, rather, to my auto body shop). She never responded.

I also replied to Craig Pendolino the same day informing him of the above. I requested response from himself or a superior. He, nor any other Enterprise associate, responded.

I just now sent a letter to the Attorney General of the State of California and the FTC. Enterprise falsified a testimony from me, and when I uncovered and reported this to them, they never responded; instead, they sold the false debt to a collection agency.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Dallas-Texas-75284/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Forges-Customer-Testimony-Makes-Foney-Damage-976242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Alamo Rent A Car - (USA)

Jonathan M,
Weve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 121202-000834 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,