• Report: #1020589

Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Decatur, Georgia United States of America

Enterprise Rent-A-Car ERAC They Stole From Me Decatur, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent A Car

I had to rent a vehicle from Enterprise Rent-A-Car due to an automotive accident that I was in.  I bought two CDs on 12/13/12 that I accidentally left in the middle console of the vehicle when it was returned on 12/26/12.  I did not recognize until the morning of 12/29/12 what I had done.  I immediately called the rental location on Wesley Chapel Rd. in Decatur, GA and was given the run around about trying to speak with a Manager of the location.  I was finally able to speak with someone who represented himself as an Assistant Manager at the location named Orlando.  When I spoke with him he did the "put me on hold bit" and acted like he looked for the CDs and came back to the phone and told me that he didn't find anything.  He asked me for my phone number and told me that he would call me back after he looked in the Manager's office where they have another location where they keep lost and found items.  Good thing I didn't place and confidence in Orlando because my phone has not rung with a call from him since we spoke on 12/29/12.

I called back to the location on 12/31/12 to ask to speak with a Manager or anyone else who wants to represent themself as a Manager and especially anyone other than Orlando since he had not called me back.  I was told that the other Assistant Manager, Nikki, was available then after waiting 10 minutes on hold was told that she was not in the store but when she returned they would ask her to call me, so I left my number again.  During this time the Manager was not in the store because he was out on vacation.  So after going another day without a phone call, I called back to the location on 01/01/13 to as to speak with Nikki.  In the same manner as Orlando, she put me on hold and acted like he went off to look for my items but came back with the same story that they were not found.  Conveniently, neither Orlando nor Nikki informed me that the Manager, Brian, was out on vacation.  At this point I lost all confidence in the professionalism and moral character since either the person that went out to check the vehicle to see where I left the gas and to check the miles or the detail guys stole my CDs.  Yes, I know they have a sign that states that they are not responsible for items left in vehicles, but are you really saying that it is ok to give them a blank check to steal items that are left in vehicles?  Or why would they have a lost and found bin in the locations if they don't turn in the things that they don't want to steal and take home the things they do want to steal.

After losing all confidence in the location, I called another location and asked for the Area Manager and his boss' contact information, these guys are Robin Cope and Todd Hunt.  I emailed these guys for 3-5 days straight before getting a phone call back from Robin Cope.  He informed me that I left those items in the vehicle at my own expense, but then later stated that if I could produce a receipt showing the items were purchased on or around the date of the return of the rental that he would reimburse me for the cost of the items that were stolen from my rental vehicle.  On 01/14/13 at 5:13pm I took the original receipt to the location at Wesley Chapel Rd. when I was finally about to meet the Manager, Brian.  I explained to Brian what had happened and not to my surprise he was not aware of the situation.  These have to be some of the most inept people I have ever seen.  This receipt was taken at the instruction of Robin Cope that if I produced the receipt, I would be reimbursed for my items.  More than a month later, I am still waiting on the reimbursement for my stolen items.  I have emailed Robin Cope, who told me to contact him via his personal email address robincope@gmail.com instead of his professional email address robin.cope@erac.com for future correspondence.

My a lack of professionalism and moral turpitude, I would like to make sure that I notify as many people as I can that neither Robin Cope nor anyone associated with the Wesley Chapel Rd. location of Enterprise are people that should be trusted.  I want to encourage everyone I know and even those I don't that they should not do business with a corrupt organization.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2013 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Decatur-Georgia-30034/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-ERAC-They-Stole-From-Me-Decatur-Georgia-1020589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

Weve taken note of your complaint. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at care[at]enterprise.com with complete details, including your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us in Georgia.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130227-000937 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,