Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Connor — Syosset New York United States of America
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
4780 Sunrise Hwy Massapequa, New York United States of America

Enterprise Rent-A-Car enterprise rental Claiming Damage to customers that existed Massapequa, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent A Car

On February 12, 2013 (day after the huge forester with over a foot of snow everywhere), I needed a rental while my car was being repaired. Enterprise came and picked me up. We decided that the the Dodge Dart II would be a nice option so I decided on that. The anent (Andrea) and I walked around the car and i pointed out several scratches and marks all over the car and she basically stated that they were not large enough to be noted. They asked me how long I would need the car, I told them that it would only be a few days. Took the car to work, parked in the driveway, took car home, parked in the driveway, repeated the same driving the next day, total of maybe 80 miles. The car never left the driveways and I was the only person who drove it.

February 14, 2013, my repair was completed, needed to drop off the car and pick up my repaired car. Upon dropping off the car, the Enterprise rep went out to the car while I sat inside to give it a once over. she came back in and stated that there were several scratches on the rear and the top of the car. I told her at that time that it was not due to me and also stated to her that upon getting the car, that i pointed out the various scratches and was told they did not warrant being noted and to tell that to the Enterprise claim agent when and if they call.

February 18, 2013, received call from my insurance agent stating that Enterprise is claiming damages, told agent same story.

February 19, 2013, received call from Enterprise claims agent stating there was over $1000.00 dollars in damages, I tried to explain to him the same story and he abruptly stopped me to tell me to let him finish his report, afterwards he said it doesn't matter what I said that the damage incurred while i had the car and he was going to go after my  insurance company. I stated to him that the damage was probably done when Enterprise cleaned off the car after the storm which made more sense but he said that since I signed the agreement, it was my responsibility.

Enterprise rep did not even want to hear what I (the customer) had to say. He was outright rude and accusatory toward the customer and basically hung up the phone without listening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Massapequa-New-York-11762/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-enterprise-rental-Claiming-Damage-to-customers-that-existed-Massape-1016861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. (Tatiana)

When emailing, please list reference # (130220-000650) the subject line.