Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Updated: Thu, March 27, 2014

• Reported By: KevinVT — Middlebury Vermont
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Newark Liberty Intl Airport, Building 25 Newark, New Jersey USA

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Newark Airport Enterprise Rent-a-Car fraudulent damage claim scam Newark New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Customer Care

I rented a car from Enterprise at Newark airport for 2 days.

I picked up the car at Newark Airport on 9 March – it was parked tightly between two other cars. I drove the car 1 hour to Easton, PA and it basically sat in the parking lot at a B&B for 2 nights.

When returned the car to Newark on 11 March in an open part of the parking lot, the agent immediately crouched down by the driver’s side door to see the damage, which was to the underside of the driver's side rocker panel. I immediately said that this damage could not have happened while I had the car, and it must have been missed when I picked the car up. Nevertheless, they sent me a claim for $500 in damages.

a) Such damage could not have happened while the car was parked, so the driver would have to hear it / feel it happening. I did not. It did not happen while I had the car.

b) The damage is only visible if one crouches down by the side of the car. [continued below]....

.....

c) There is at least one scam reported like this. When I googled “enterprise rental damage scams” the first report I clicked on involved EXACTLY the same scenario, with damage to EXACTLY the same part of a car. (Jan 14, Marquette Michigan).

When I returned the car, the agent immediately asked who had checked me out two days earlier -- maybe he gets a cut, since they successfully scammed me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2014 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Newark-New-Jersey-07114/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Newark-Airport-Enterprise-Rent-a-Car-fraudulent-damage-claim-scam-N-1134118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Customer Care

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

KevinVT,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care@Enterprise.com with complete details, including the damage claim number, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this experience.

When emailing, please list reference number 140327-002728 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,