Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Oakland, CA Oakland, California USA

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Fradulent claim for suspension damage Oakland California

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

In February 2014, I rented a 2014 Hyundai Sonata from Enterprise Rent-A-Car on Broadway in Oakland, California.  I had the car for five days and drove a total of 83 miles.  On a Friday evening after work I drove the car to my friend's home with no issues and no incidents.  That following Saturday morning, I went to get into the vehicle and the car would start but would not move. The car was making a grinding sound so I called Enterprise and they had a two truck come and pick up the vehicle.  A few days later, I received a call from Enterprise demanding my deductible stating that the suspension was damaged and I had done it.  I couldn't believe it!  There was no way I damaged this vehicle.  I didn't hit anything nor drive over anything and there was no visible damage to the car.

I was forced to file a claim with my insurance company, AAA.  In the meantime, Enterprise got the car repaired (without letting AAA inspect it) and sent me a letter demanding $1,500.  AAA informed me that if they were to pay the claim, I would be considered at fault and would, in addition, receive points increasing my monthly premium.  I told them to deny the claim as I could not afford to have my premium increase and have points on my record for three years.  Today, March 17, 2014, I received anothe letter from Enterprise, this time demanding $2,500 stating there were supplemental repairs.

I did nothing to this vehicle and contend there was already damage.  Yes, I failed to look underneath the Sonata when I rented it and was inspecting it, but who does that?  I am an accountale, mature, respectable adult and if I had damaged this car, I would own up to it.  Enterprise Rent-A-Car is attempting to defraud me and my insurance comany is offering me no support.  I cannot understand how they could repair the car without inspection on the part of AAA and then, in turn, demand an additional $1,000 from me.  Enterprise is attempting to RIP ME OFF.  They are in for a fight!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2014 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Oakland-California-94610/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Fradulent-claim-for-suspension-damage-Oakland-California-1131381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Candance, our team would like to make the proper management aware of your concerns. Please email us at: Care@Enterprise.com. Please include your contact information, rental agreement number and any additional details you would like to share about your experience with the Broadway location. Attach reference #140318-002498 to your email.  Thank You. -Christina