Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent A Car

9400 Airport Blvd Orlando Int Airport Orlando, Florida United States of America

Enterprise Rent A Car False Damage Claim Orlando, Florida

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

The car was picked up on 2/18/2013 at the Orlando airport. We notified the person doing checkout that there were multiple scratches on the bumpers of the car when he was checking us out.  The response we received was yea we know.  He handed us the papers back andmotioned us forward.  Upon return of the car, the woman doing check in walked up to the car and before she even looked at anything said "this car is damaged".  My husband noted that they were present when we took the car.  She directed him to the booth where he waited for over 20 minutes and no one came.  Interestingly there was another woman there waiting for the same exact reason!  We were then sent a letter with a form asking for a credit card number or our insurance information.  There was no description of work, they just wanted to be able to bill everything directly.   We reufsed and sent a letter back.  We now have received a letter back with pictures showing rather extensive scratches on the car, the report says they replaced the bumper, had to replace the radiator supports and balance panels that are located up to 2 feet behind the front bumper.  We have consulted with an auto repair person who states that that damage could only have occurred with a major front end impact, which there was not while the car was in our possession.  The charges amount to almost $1000.  This is a total scam.  I am reporting this false claim through every mechanism I can find including the media and the attorney general of my state.  I urge anyone else reading this who is experiencing this same issue to do the same.  We have got to stop these companies from taking advantage of unsuspecting consumers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2013 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Orlando-Florida-32827/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-False-Damage-Claim-Orlando-Florida-1039246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent A Car

Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: emlg11 - ()

After posting my complaint, I was contacted by Enterprise via this site.  I contacted them as requested. After my contact and explanation, I was informed that the issue was resolved.  I am satisfied with the resolution and with the interaction I had with the representative at the company.

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

emlg11,

Weve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130330-000967 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,