Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent A Car

• Updated: Fri, January 03, 2014

• Reported By: Robert — Pasadena California
Enterprise Rent A Car
1890 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, California USA

Enterprise Rent A Car Enterprise colludes with Insurance Companies to mislead customers on direct billing and then hold customer responsible. Pasadena California

*UPDATE Employee: EnterpriseCares

2014-01-03 17:44:17

I recently had an accident and was properly insured. The other parties insurance company "Allied" took reponsibility and said if I filed directly through them that they would pick up the rental car cost with thier affiliate Enterprise Rent A Car. I believed them and I was refered to Enterpise.

Enterprise took a deposit of $300 dollars that they said was refundable at the end of the rental. I agreed to pay an out of pocket $17 dollars a day for insurance to cover any incidental damage. After two weeks I discovered that they had taken an additiona $600 dollars out of my account. I challenged them and they said they were holding me personally responsible for all charges. I returned the car immediately and they billed me an additional $76 dollars. They then added an additional $50 dollars because they said thier cars were non smoking cars even though the policy was never stated in writing or verbally.

They refused to discuss the policy, they also refused to issue any receipt until they collected all charges they deemed owed to them. When I challeged the charges the store manager said I could either pay or they would not give me any receipt to submitt to the insurance company for a return of my rental costs and that they would submitt my bill to collections. In addition to that the manager stated that I could either pay or get out of her store. She then threatened and proceeded to call the police for non payment of the bill.

I am the CEO of my own corporation in California and I have never been threatened with police invovlvment in any business dealings. I paid the disputed amount and will seek legal action against Enterprise for their ruthless and illegal business practices.

I stongly recommend avioding any business dealings with this company that seem to give themselves unbrideled rights to abuse, harrass and threaten their law abiding customers. They have not heard the last of this very irate customer, but unlike them I will only persue my rights under the law and only use legal means to teach them a lesson in customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Pasadena-California-91107/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Enterprise-colludes-with-Insurance-Companies-to-mislead-customers-o-1112766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent A Car

EnterpriseCares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Robert, We’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send a detailed email to care@enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us. When emailing, please list Reference Number 140104-000864 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.  Respectfully, Carol H. Social Media Enterprise Rent A Car