Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: Lisette — Glen Ellyn Illinois United States of America
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
2785 Algonquin Rd Rolling Meadows, Illinois United States of America

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Wants me to pay for damage to vehicle that I did not do. Rolling Meadows, Illinois

*Author of original report: A bunch of empty promises

*Author of original report: Empty Promises by Customer Service

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

I have to agree with other renters from Enterprise - do not rent from them.

I rented from Enterprise because it was attached to the bodyshop where my vehicle was being repaired and they had an agreement with my insurance company.  I did a walk around of the vehicle and did not see any damage, although with the full sun, a minor dent might have gone unnoticed.   I took the car.   Upon returning the care the agent said it looked like there was a dent in in the right side rocker panel as though it had been hit by a shopping cart and she was going to file a damage report.   I told her I could not take responsibility for the damage as I was not certain that the damage wasn't there when I picked up the car and I missed it because the car was clean and the sun was shining on the car.

Well I received a bill for the repairs from Enterprise asking me to pay for the damage.   First the bill was sent to my mothers address (not sure why) so I received it almost a month late.  Second, the bill included charges for damage to rear bumper, handle, tail light assembly, and a belt w/strip hatchback. None of these were discussed or visible when I returned the vehicle.

I'm sorry, I feel like I am being shaken down to make cosmetic repairs to a cheap car that I did not have anything to do with.  I am part of the 'Presidents Circle' for Hertz and I have never ever had an issue with any vehicle I rented.  This incident with Enterprise guarantees I won't be renting from them and neither should you.   Keep reading the  complaints and you will find similar incidents where customer have been shaken down to repair a vehicle.

Shame on you Enterprise

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2012 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Rolling-Meadows-Illinois-60008/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Wants-me-to-pay-for-damage-to-vehicle-that-I-did-not-do-Rolling-Me-954894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car

A bunch of empty promises

AUTHOR: Lisette - (United States of America)

Just an update.

In November I received an email from Chris Morris (an Enterprise representative) saying he would investigate my grievance.   I never heard back from Chris, but I did receive an email from Enterprise stating that the status of my incident was being changed to 'Solved' as they have not heard from me.   Considering I have not received any communication from Enterprise asking for a response, this is puzzling.   Guess this is Enterprises way of closing out complaints.   I emailed Enterprise and let them know that the incident was not 'solved'.   Stay tuned.

Shame on you Enterprise.   This is no way to conduct business.

Empty Promises by Customer Service

AUTHOR: Lisette - (United States of America)

I was contacted by Chris M. of Enterprise Rental Car customer service on 10/21/12 and was told I would be contacted by the Regional Office above their Illinois operations.   He said he asked that one of the Area Managers research my complaint and to contact me to discuss the incident and provide resolution.  Chris also indicated that I should receive a call/contact within three business days, if not sooner.

It is now a month later and I have not heard anything from customer service or the Area Manager.  For what it's worth the reference # is # 121015-00120.  I'll be honest, I am not holding my breath, Enterprise has their money so I don't see them being motivated to rectify this wrong.   Again, shame on you Enterprise.

Greatly disappointed, again.
Lisette M.

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details.

When emailing, please list reference # 121015-001206 in the subject line.

Gillian T.