Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent- A Car

• Updated: Thu, September 18, 2014

• Reported By: Never again — Waddell Arizona
Enterprise Rent- A Car
Nationwide USA

Enterprise Rent- A Car Enterprise Rent-A-car Damage Recovery Unit FROM Damage Recovery Unit pay the amount due credit card debit card or bank account $3364.34 Monongahela Pa. Nationwide

*Author of original report: Update Enterprise holding Deductable deposit

*UPDATE Employee: We want to help

We, myself, my wife and sister-in-law were rammed from behind while stopped at a red light. The man who hit us admitted to the officer taking the report that he had looked up a hill at oncoming traffic and by the time he looked forward again it was too late to stop.

We gave a full report to Enterprise upon returning the rented Chrysler 200 vehicle. They required a $250 deductible to be paid on the spot, which we informed our insurance company of at the same time. Our insurance company agreed we had no responsiblity in this matter and the $250 would be reimbursed to us and they would act on our behalf.

This accident was on 1/12/2014. On Monday 1/27/2014 we received a letter  from Enterprise Rent a Car-Damage Recovery Unit-wanting us to pay all damages of $3364.34. --"If you prefer you may also pay the amount due using a debit card, credit card or directly from your bank account".

I spoke to everyone possible in Enterprise and the Recovery Unit being transferred from one person to another with absolutely no results. Frustrated I told them I would see them in court if necessary and would not pay one penny for an accident I had no fault in and had no way to avoid. We conferred with our insurance agent confirming a "no fault" on our part.

Here it is July 29, 2014 and we have not heard one word from Enterprise concerning the $250 deductible which our insurance company has been trying to recover for us. Obviously I will never have anything to do with Enterprise Rent a Car again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2014 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/nationwide/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Enterprise-Rent-A-car-Damage-Recovery-Unit-FROM-Damage-Recovery-1165827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent- A Car

Update Enterprise holding Deductable deposit

AUTHOR: Never again - ()

After six months of Enterprise holding my deductable deposit for an accident of which I was not at fault , I wrote the whole thing up on Ripoff Reports. My deposit  finally has been returned. THANKS RIPOFF REPORTS!

We want to help

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you.  Please contact us at [email protected] with the complete details.  Include the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number, DX number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140813-002588 in the subject line.  We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,