Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent A Car

• Reported By: Karen — Pleasantville New York United States of America
192 N. Bedford Road Nationwide United States of America

Enterprise Rent A Car Forced Placed Unnecessary Insurance Mt. Kisco, Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent A Car

I set up a rental for an employee who suffered severe damage during Superstorm Sandy. I personally made the reservation and coordinated all the insurance details making sure he got a compact car and did everything possible to stay within the limits of our coverage.

I arranged for college intern to pick up the car for this employee after first confirming that it was ok for him to pick it up. Enterprise not only put the rental in the name of this intern, they started asking him for all the details I had provided over the phone to set up the rental including insurance which this young kid had no idea about. I had no idea this coverage was added on for the outrageous amount of $16.99 per day until the insurance company got a copy of the bill and refused to pay for the coverage. I told the insurance company I had no idea what they were talking about as I arranged the rental and did not add any insurance. We have been dealing with this Enterprise location for the past 10 or so years and have never had this happen.

I called the office and spoke to a manager who was not only rude and hostile, he was so oily he tried to split the cost. I asked him if he really wanted to try to take advantage of SuperStorm Sandy victims in this manner but he clearly had a huge chip on his shoulder.

It is unbelievable to me that a national chain such as Enterprise would be willing to lose their reputation and credibility by trying to profit off victims of this devastating storm.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2012 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/nationwide/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Forced-Placed-Unnecessary-Insurance-Mt-Kisco-Nationwide-985384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent A Car

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

Thank you for bring this to our attention. We do our best to ensure a great rental experience and we regret that you did not have a pleasant experience with us. Please contact us at care[at]enterprise.com with complete details, including your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 121226-000185 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,