Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-a-Car

• Reported By: Drew — Long Beach California United States of America
Enterprise Rent-a-Car
438 West Ocean Blvd Long Beach, California United States of America

Enterprise Rent-a-Car Enterprise Damage Waiver Ripoff Long Beach, California

*Author of original report: In Response...

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent A Car

On 10-25-12 I was involved in an automobile accident. The other driver admitted fault in running a red light. My insurance company, Geico, set up a rental vehicle for me with Enterprise in Long Beach, CA.

On 10-26-12 I went to the Enterprise location to get my rental vehicle. The associate at the front desk took my drivers license information as well as my credit card for verification and security. No charges were applied on my credit card and I did not sign a receipt for any charges.

A "trainee" escorted me to my rental vehicle, at which time she reviewed the contract and asked me to sign and inital in several places. One of the places was the "Damage Waiver."

Before signing anything, I asked if anything I was signing would result in an out of pocket expense to me. The trainee assured me that since this was an insurance rental, that everything was covered by my insurance carrier.

Two and a half weeks later when I returned my rental vehicle, I was informed that I was required to pay $486 for the Damage Waiver. I refused, and told the Branch Manager, Skyler, that his trainee told me that everything was covered by my insurance company. Since she was not in, he asked to speak to her before moving forward.

I received a phone call the next day stating that he had spoken to his trainee and that our versions of what happened differed (shocking!). I called my insurance company and received no support. Geico stated that the Damage Waiver is my financial burden and not my responsibility.

Over the next two days I spoke with Skyler several times, explaining that his trainee either lied to me or was not properly trained. There was no communication during my rental period to let me know that charges were accruing. I carry full coverage on my policy and I would never agree to any additional coverage at any dollar amount. I again stated that I do not agree to the charges and need to resolve this situation with either his manager or my insurance company.

Turns out, they charged my account on 11/14/12 in the amount of $595.94 without any notification.

Why $595.94? Why was I not told?

I spoke with a good friend who works for Enterprise at a different location and he told me some concerning things about this company and their training program. Among a slew of other common shady dealings, trainees get promoted based on sales, and the branch receives the commissions from the trainees.

This trainee saw me as a stepping stone to a promotion. This branch manager is trying to put a few extra bucks in his pocket - all at my expense.

I am currently disputing the charges with my banking institution. I was told by the bank that the outlook is "not good" from my standpoint as it is a "he said-she said situation."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car/Long-Beach-California-90802/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car-Enterprise-Damage-Waiver-Ripoff-Long-Beach-California-970168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-a-Car

In Response...

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rental Cars Ripped Me Of - (United States of America)

I emailed this report to care[at]enterprise.com at 9AM PST, 11/20/12.

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

Thank you for bring this to our attention. We do our best to ensure a great rental experience and we regret that you did not have a pleasant experience with us. Please contact us at care[at]enterprise.com with complete details, including your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your billing statement.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 121120-000448 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,