Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-a-Car

Enterprise Rent-a-Car
3415A WEST FOX RIDGE LANE Muncie, Indiana USA

Enterprise Rent-a-Car "Damage" Scam Muncie Indiana

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

I am deeply frustrated and disappointed at this business. The car I rented already had extensive damage when I received it. The associate, Sarah Hadaway, that I rented the car from at the Muncie branch, pointed out many dings in the car and verbally told me that these were normal wear-and-tear on the vehicle, and I would not be responsible for them.  She did not write down a single problem with the vehicle assuring me that all of those are already noted.

When I returned the car in Muncie, the associates tried to point out damage to the car in the rain. I could barely see the car or the “supposed” damage that they were pointing out. I explained to both associates that I did not damage the car. I was asked to sign a paper that stated no damage was done to the car in my possession, and I was specifically told that I was in no way agreeing to any guilt. So, I was very surprised to receive a bill for almost $850.

I asked the company for before-and-after photos of the damage, but instead received only non-time stamped photos of the damage that appear to have been contrasted to make it look worse. The bill I received from the mechanic included charges for things that were not even near the scratch. I complained to Damages, but they will be pursuing the charge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car/Muncie-Indiana-47304/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car-Damage-Scam-Muncie-Indiana-1049071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-a-Car

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care@enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130523-002215 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,