Complaint Review: Enterprise Rental

6 TOMAHAWK DR, EAST BOSTON, MA 02128-2023 Internet United States of America

Enterprise Rental Mystery Damage , Internet

*Author of original report: Claim Resolved

*Author of original report: More Complaints

I returned rental car 4/3/2013.  Enterprise employee observed baseball sized dent in sheet metal underneath bumper on passenger side.  I couldn't see damage until I kneeled on ground. She asked me had I hit anything.  I told her no.  She said I believe you but proceeded to consult with Enterprise agent in office.  Agent said everything was ok and I proceeded to rental car bus to terminal.

Received a call 4/8/2013 indicating Enterprise would be filing damage claim.
I know I did not touch anything with the car.  The car was parked inside a garage; usually with rear towards wall (would have destroyed before hitting sheet metal).  Car had rear camera; never got within warning area of camera backup guidelines.

Fortunately I have premium American Express rental car coverage but American Express should not be required to pay for damage that I did not do.  I will be taking pictures of entire car including recessed area hidden from view.  I will be working with American Express to fight this bogus claim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rental/internet/Enterprise-Rental-Mystery-Damage-Internet-1041743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rental

Claim Resolved

AUTHOR: Veritas 52 - ()

Allie Peek
9825 Marriottsville Road
Randallstown MD 21133

Dear Allie  Peek :

This notification is in regards to your complaint submitted on 4/8/2013 7:51:25 PM against Enterprise Rent-A-Car . Complaint # 9496552.

The business has sent BBB a message regarding your complaint. The contents of this message are below or attached.

Message from Business (Enterprise):

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We have reviewed this situation with our rental team at Logan Airport, and in the interest of customer service, we will not be pursuing this matter further.

We apologize and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We have closed this file on our end and will not be pursuing this matter any further.

Sincerely,

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company of Boston, LLC

More Complaints

AUTHOR: Veritas 52 - ()

Comments from dallasnews.com

Headline: Enterprise doesnt pursue case of car rental damage

Tom Field

Twice I have been ripped off by Enterprise in this way. They are running a scam on innocent car renters. I will NEVER do business with them again and neither should you. Take a word from the wise and avoid this crooked company like the plague.

Tricia Moon

I am going through this exact same thing with Enterprise Rent-A-Car right now!! I rented a car through my insurance company when my car was totaled by a drunk driver. Enterprise billed me for a scrape that they had to get down on their knees to find when I returned the car! They didn't bother looking that low on the bumper when I picked up the car! And their billed amount is conveniently just under my deductible so they avoided involving my insurance company!