Complaint Review: Enterprise car rental

• Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: jonathan — Holyoke Massachusetts United States of America
Enterprise car rental
Hickam AFB Hi Honolulu, Hawaii United States of America

Enterprise car rental Claiming damage done to vehicle and even added extra miles driven. Honolulu, Hawaii

*Author of original report: Case close an error was made

*Author of original report: Help anyone out there who have been scam together we can fight this.

*Author of original report: Enterprise still hasnt done nothing to help.

On 02/15/2012 My wife my and I rented a car from Enterprise in Honolulu HI inside Hickam AFB. We were there for 3 days and most of our time was spend inside the base. I was the only one driving during our stay there. The vehicle that I rented was a VW beetle and wasn't even the car we were expecting. My wife wasn't to happy but I insisted to take it. We were only going to be there three days we didn't need anything more expensive nor bigger so it was ok for me. The person that took care of us was Erica. She was the one that took us around the vehicle, few scratches here and there but nothing to big. The thing is that neverrr since I rented cars from them had they gone on their knees to inspect the under carriage. I always thought that it was all around not all around and under so didn't occur to me to check either.

She asked if I wanted the insurance on the vehicle and I declined. I told her that we have our own insurance but she insisted and I kept saying "no thanks". She once more said "ok but this is a none liable state you will be the one taking the risk".   We were traveling with our two kids and driving with care is our number one priority for their safety. I went to the movies and even there I parked the car away from others so I wont get it scratch. I was careful the whole time. This is not fair and no matter how careful I was Enterprise have there way to screw loyal costumer.

We had fun not enough time because our flight back was a C-05 military plane and my wife was on orders so we wanted to make sure she got back on time. Well on 2/18/2012 at around 2:45 I returned the car while my wife was getting her paper work done. I took the keys to Enterprise waited for my receipt thank them and went on my way. We got everything done I was happy. I went thru airport checkpoint and as we were waiting for the bus to take us to the airplane realized I forgot something in the car. I am glad I went back. Jason the person in charge said he needed to show me something. This guy is a scam artist he knew obviously where to look. I told him I was the one driving and I was extra careful with this vehicle. The damage looks old and it was deep. He said maybe you took a speed bump but the damage done was for sure no speed bump because it was only one side both wheels have to pass thru a speed bump. This guy thinks I am a fool and I know that this is something done prior from us renting the car. I was thinking that maybe the one who did this to the car had accepted their insurance and because we declined we were the target he needed. He even added miles to driven to my receipt 419 miles to be exact. We never went to far away from the base and thanks to this guy I am back to writing. I am not great but by the time I finish fighting this matter and posting it all over the net I will be.

I try many times to speak with Jason but he never calls back. The last time I got to speak with him he had told me not to worry that he wasn't blaming me. Now couple of days later I received a letter from Enterprise Recovery unit. I hope that this gets resolve soon I feel so angry. I rather spend 3,000 to go to court than to let him get away with this by me paying 500 deductible on my insurance. He should be kicked out from the military base and not let this happen to another US soldier or anyone because this is no good for business. Thank you in advance if it gets to someone that could help us.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2012 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-car-rental/Honolulu-Hawaii-96853/Enterprise-car-rental-Claiming-damage-done-to-vehicle-and-even-added-extra-miles-driven-847279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise car rental

Case close an error was made

AUTHOR: jonathan - (USA)

Jason from the Enterprise office in Hickam called me yesterday. He apologize and sent me an email indicating the error that was made and that my case is now close.  He was working on it he said but got sick for whole week.  The regional manager will also be sending us a letter confirming that my case was handled and it is now close. I am so happy that this is over and like I said before I dont blame Enterprise in general. I will still go back and rent from them but will make sure everything gets documented and will inspect the car way better. I love how they have always treated my wife and I in the enterprise located in Chicopee mass over at the memorial ave. They set the record straight now I am doing my part. Thank you Jason and no hard feelings dude we are good now.

Help anyone out there who have been scam together we can fight this.

AUTHOR: jonathan - (USA)

I want to thank everyone who has contact me. I also want to see if we can gather enough people to bring a big lawsuit agains this monsters who are trying to rob our hard earn money. I thank all the military family in support that cares for this matter. I feel so happy didn't think I will get so much people interested in this. I guess we are a big family after all US military that is. I have never felt so angry but I will not stop until they do something about it. I know some of you have taken matter into your own hands. I thank you but dont be to nasty just saying.  Enterprise located in building 2028 Amc Terminal, Hickam Afb, HI 96853  once again thank you everyone.

Enterprise still hasnt done nothing to help.

AUTHOR: jonathan - (USA)

I finally receive a called from Jason after many attempts and still this phony guy has done nothing to help. He has the authority to do so and still trying to go after my insurance to pay. I will fight this till the end. I am a loyal responsible costumer for years and here comes this Jason guy trying to screw me over. I am trying to let everyone know that if you ever visit Hikam AFB to be extra careful and record and take pictures of any vehicle you rent from this place. I don't blame it all on Enterprise but this guy is going to make me go all over and put this company's name on every report I write. I am so angry and soon if nothing is done have to take them to court. I am going all out ripoff, bbb ,media and even military chat all over the net. I will stop when they stop trying to take advantage of my wife and I. Think I wont go back to hawaii for court? dumb guy your tactics wont work. All you are going to do is make me take another vacation after going to court down there. I hope this matter gets resolve soon I hate to sit around and wait so I take action.  I hope that this gets to someone who can really help not this Jason guy who does nothing.