Complaint Review: Enterprise car rental

• Reported By: chad — Lititz Pennsylvania
Enterprise car rental
1470 Manheim Pike Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA

Enterprise car rental Bait and Switch Lancaster Pennsylvania

Enterprise was advertising a weekend rental for 9.99 a day. I made an online reservation for a Economy car at the 9.99 daily rate. I wanted to rent Friday through Monday and the cost would have been 38.37 with tax. I went to pick up my car and the manager says that he doesn't have any cars available for that price range. I proceeded to ask about the reservation system and he tells me that the online reservation doesn't take into account the local inventory. This astounds me as every other car rental place in the world takes inventory into account when renting online. I looked at the inventory on hand and there were at least 25 cars on hand. Needing a car for the weekend..he only can rent me a truck as all the other cars are "rented". I have to spend 120 dollars instead of 38 on a vehicle I really didn't need. I can understand if they dont have any economy car on the lot but to not honor my reservation price and still expect me to pay 4 times is much is unforgiveable. Unless some action is taken, I will never ever use Enterprise again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2013 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-car-rental/Lancaster-Pennsylvania-17601/Enterprise-car-rental-Bait-and-Switch-Lancaster-Pennsylvania-1092559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise car rental