Complaint Review: Enterprise car rental

Enterprise car rental
132 E Baseline, Mesa, AZ Mesa, Arizona USA

Enterprise car rental Windshield damage scam Mesa Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Customer Care

I recently rented a compact car from Enterprise in Mesa, AZ. When I rent cars, I never sign up for the rental car company's insurance since I have coverage through my own car insurance.

I made a thorough inspection of the vehicle before signing the waiver and did not see anything wrong with the car. Two days into my rental period, I noticed a hairline crack in the windshield, way down low by the wipers. I did not at any time while driving experience a rock hitting the car.

I called the rental car branch that rented me the car to report the crack and to ask what to do. I got put on hold for 20 minutes. I finally hung up and called back. I was told to wait for the manager and that it would just "be a minute". Another 15 minute hold finally produced a manager who told me to take the car into any Enterprise and they would look me up and tell me what I needed to do.

I stressed to him that it was not my fault and that the crack must have been there before I drove off the lot. He just repeated what he had said earlier. So I returned the car to the nearest Enterprise the next day.

At the second Enterprise branch, they inspected the windshield and lifted up the wiper blade. There, under the blade, was a small rock chip that the crack originated from!  They told me that since I didn't see the chip on original inspection, the resulting crack was my responsibility and they were going to take a 200.00 deposit towards the repair, and that they would submit a claim to my insurance.

I argued, of course, but to no avail. The original manager at the other location was not available to speak on the phone (big surprise) and I had to catch a cab to the airport. So I was screwed, basically.

I guess the lesson is, make sure to look under the wipers for damage when you do your initial inspection! And don't rent from Enterprise!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-car-rental/Mesa-Arizona/Enterprise-car-rental-Windshield-damage-scam-Mesa-Arizona-1112743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise car rental

Enterprise Customer Care

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Pat,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care@Enterprise.com with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this incident.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 140109-002078 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,