Complaint Review: Enterprise car rental

• Updated: Wed, June 11, 2014

• Reported By: Dave Pronti — Dalmatia Pennsylvania
Enterprise car rental
2786 N Susquehanna TRL Shamokin Dam, Pennsylvania USA

Enterprise car rental Charged my wife for damaging rental vehicle Shamokin Dam Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

My wife had to rent a vehicle after a truck side swiped her during a snow storm. The dealer that was fixing her truck recommened Enterprise for a tempoorary replacement vehicle. My wife has never dealt with these type of companies and doesnt have any experience in their fast talk (selling extra insurance) and how to properly inspect the vehicle instead of letting one of their employee's account for any previous damage.

Their employee had the paperwork filled out before she arrived and did do a quick walk up to the vehicle inspection and didnt note any damage to the vehicle. My wife did see a small dent and scratch to the rear tailgate of the truck but never said anything about it...What can I say? She is blonde. She then initialed and left with the vehicle.

She came directley home and parked it in our driveway. When I got home from work I pulled in behind her and noticed the small scratch and dent. I was looking at it because it had snowed that day and wondered if it was 4 wheel drive because we live on a mountain with a dirt road.

a few weeks later she returned the truck when her truck was repaired. She even washed it and put more gas in it than she had originally been given. Would it make any sense to wash a truck that was covered in salt so everyone would be able to easily see the scratch and dent?

A few weeks later they claimed that she had caused $400 worth of damage to the vehicle. She asked if she could speak to the employee that she signed the contract with after leaving several messages and was never allowed the opportunity for them to cooberate her claim.

To top things off, the customer service Rep was condesending because my wife was angry and frustrated  about the whole situation!! First off, she got ripped off and second of all It's your JOB!! I'm sure she is pretty busy with all the unstatisfied customers I have seen complaining about them on the internet.

The $400 is probably just going to have to be paid because hiring an attorney probably would be more than the $400 they are riping us off for...Just remember Enterprise, Social media is everywhere and it's free to post for all my Friends/ Family to read!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2014 04:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-car-rental/Shamokin-Dam-Pennsylvania/Enterprise-car-rental-Charged-my-wife-for-damaging-rental-vehicle-Shamokin-Dam-Pennsylvan-1153802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise car rental

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at care@enterprise.com with complete details, including your contact information, exact location, and rental agreement number. When emailing, please list Reference Number #140613-001186 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you. Chris M Social Media Monitor Enterprise Rent A Car