Complaint Review: Enterprise car rental

• Reported By: Elle — Chula vista California
Enterprise car rental
Nationwide USA

Enterprise car rental Consumer beware Nationwide

I am a long time customer of the company as a whole.  I rented a vehicle from another branch for the day and returned it to this location ONE day later.  My boyfriend and I looked around the car for any noticeable damages and pointed out a few to the gentleman that worked there before renting the vehicle. We were told that these small damages on the rocker panal were too small to write down on the contract.  I declined any insurance coverage from enterprise for damages. Upon returning  the car I was told that I damaged the car and that they needed to file a report.  The manager demanded that I pay a deductible to them and went from $500 down to $150.00 before leaving.  The manager typed out a statement  saying that I was unaware how the damage occurred. I refused to sign because I KNOW for sure it was there prior to me renting it. I immediately contacted the manager at the other facility and informed him that the  small damage was, in fact, present prior to me renting it.  I was told I would receive a call from him in a couple of days because he needed to talk to the area manager. I dint receive a call and assumed it was taken care of. Fast forward one month..in the mail I receive an invoice for 538.00. 146.00 in paint and 380 in labor. NO NEW PARTS needed.
BEWARE don't get scammed!  Take pictures and document everything even if they refuse to write it down prior to renting a car.  The customer service at this location from their manager was horrible and accusatory.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2014 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-car-rental/nationwide/Enterprise-car-rental-Consumer-beware-Nationwide-1163367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise car rental