Complaint Review: Enterprise rent-a-car

• Updated: Wed, July 06, 2011

• Reported By: Carole — Drain Oregon United States of America
Enterprise rent-a-car
1331 E. Mulberry St. Fort Collins, Colorado United States of America

Enterprise rent-a-car Enterprise Leasing Co. of Denver Underhanded method of doing business. I had authorized them to deduct no more than $215.47,but they took $373.22. Fort Collins, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Share Your Story-Provoke Change

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

I live in Oregon and needed to rent an automobile for my daughter in Fort Colllins.  I called Enterprise but they didn't have any vehicles but would refer me to Kings Rental.

How I ever got Enterprise, I'm not sure. I needed the car for a week and was told it would be $215.47.  Jeremy sent me a  Credit Card Authorization Form that said I authorize Enterprise to charge my card $215.47. My daughter had to fill out the paperwork in Fort Collins.  She told them "no insurence". When I received my credit card statement $373. 22 was deducted.

I was very upset and called. All I got was sorry for the miscommunication.  Also the way the form my daughter filled out was very confusing.  On one side it said very faintly declined.  Right next to it it said Renter accepts Optional Collision Damage waiver.  Now to me a waiver means that I am responsible.

We were charged CDW $14.99/day and SLP $11.95/day.  That is an additional $27.00 a day which I did not sign up for.  Also, the wording on the form my daughter filled out is worded to confuse.  That is not right.

If I was in Fort Collins, I'd have his head on a platter. (Jeremy)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2011 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-rent-a-car/Fort-Collins-Colorado-80524/Enterprise-rent-a-car-Enterprise-Leasing-Co-of-Denver-Underhanded-method-of-doing-busines-749494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise rent-a-car

Share Your Story-Provoke Change

AUTHOR: Benu - ()

Hello :)

I am gathering similar stories like mine. My Ripoff Report is #1169475. Would you be willing to provide your evidence for your story? The more stories I have, the better the expose. Please reply in a rebuttal and I will send more info. I have also posted a Craigslist post for anyone who has experienced the same thing from this national company. Thank you. denver.craigslist.org/vnn/4622804241.html

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

Hi Carole,

I'd be happy to look in to these charges for you. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name, your daughter's full name and the 6-digit rental agreement number. When emailing please also list reference # 110706-002469 in the subject line.

- Elizabeth with Enterprise Rent-A-Car