Complaint Review: Enterprise rent-a-car

Enterprise rent-a-car
3240 Washington Blvd Marina Del Rey, California USA

Enterprise rent-a-car BEWARE - CHECK YOUR RECIEPT Marina Del Rey California

*Author of original report: They fixed the issues! Hallelujah

My husband, baby, and I needed a rental car for 4 days while I was on a business trip in Los Angeles CA so I go online and get a deal for 20.99/day with a $65 fee from dropping the car off at a different location. I needed to pick it up near where our hotel was and drop it off at LAX. So conveniently for them LAX does NOT give you a reciept or tell you how much it costs when you drop your car off. They tell you that you need to go online to look at it. So that is the first red flag. So my original total was supposed to add up to approximately 162.00 including all taxes and fees for 4 days of rental. I get home from my trip, look online and see that the total is $391.26! First of all they charged me for a GPS unit at a cost of $80 which we did not ask for one or get one. Secondly they charged us 35.99/day and not the 20.99 that was promised and was on the signed reciept when I picked up the car. Thirdly, they charged $12 for Fuel which is rediculous because we filled up the car well over the line at which it was supposed to be. And lastly, not that it made a difference in the cost of the car, but the receipt say that we drove 3,316 miles during our 4 days in Los Angeles because that was the difference in the start and end miles. We might have driven all of 30 miles, NOT 3300! Our paper reciept that we kept from when we picked up the car shows a different number in the start miles that the Bogus online receipt shows. There are just so many things wrong with this receipt that it is almost comical - if I hadn't been charged over twice the amount that I was originally promised. I'm waiting for a manage to call me back so that we can resolve this issue. When I called the store we picked the car up from, the clerk said that indeed they did promise 20.99/day so at least I won't have to fight that part of the battle. So please check your receipts if you deal with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2014 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-rent-a-car/Marina-Del-Rey-California-90292/Enterprise-rent-a-car-BEWARE-CHECK-YOUR-RECIEPT-Marina-Del-Rey-California-1159367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise rent-a-car

They fixed the issues! Hallelujah

AUTHOR: aeagle - ()

So my husband called them back and they took care of all of those BOGUS charges and it only ended up costing us $90 total to rent a car for 4 days. Now that is more like it! Thank you enterprise for fixing the issues that you created without too much of a hassle.