Complaint Review: Enterprise rent a car

• Submitted: Wed, December 05, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, December 10, 2003

• Reported By:union oh
Enterprise rent a car
682 west National Road Vandalia, ohio U.S.A.

Enterprise rip off rent a car company Vandalia 1-800-rentacar

*Consumer Comment: the individual was completely responsible for the car rental bill

*Consumer Suggestion: get things straight first

*0:

I was in a car accident July 7 01 The other driver was cited for the accident. My car was a loss and sense this persons insurance company was being rude and would not talk to us or my lawyer my insurance company stepped in.

Right before I got the rental car from Enterprise the person who hit me insurance company said they would go ahead and pay for the rental car until everything got worked out. 24 hours later I get a phone call by this insurance company saying sense I have a lawyer they are not going to pay for my rental car.

So my insurance said they would they gave me some paper work and called Enterprise and had it all ready to go. Everything was going fine and in the deal when I filled out paper work when I got the car we where being billed $500 for this rental car.

I had so many days to return the car and on the day due took it back. When I got there the people working in Enterprises office put me on the phone with the other persons insurance company I just hung up the phone on them.

I told the people working in there why did you call them for the manager said because your insurance company has not payed us and I am not leaving until they get paid. I told them well to bad it's in writing with my insurance company so I'm walking out of here, as I went to do so the manager said if you leave I'm going to cALL THE POLICE AND HAVE YOU ARRESTED AT THIS POINT

i WAS SO MAD. sO THIS MANAGER FROM ENTERPRISE CALLS MY FIANCE WHO IS A DEPUTY SHERIFF AT WORK THEN PUTS ME ON THE PHONE WITH HIM. My fiance his name is Dave so anyway Dave tells me on the phone he does not have over a $1000 they want right now and there was no way he could get off work and come down to Enterprise and do anything and no way was he giving them his credit card.

theysaid I had to stay until he got off work which was five hours from then.If not we will have her arrested Dave had three other cops on the phone listening to these people then they ask the manager to put me back on the phone.

Dave then said let them get you arrested I'll be waiting for you when they bring you in then we can get it all resolved. Anyhow to make a long story short Thank God for a family member being with me who followed me over to Enterprisehe was so mad he handed money over to the manager and said I'm walking out with her and they tried to stop me but I left anyway.

I have sense been turned in to collection and I am not paying a bill that is not mine to pay! My insurance who agreed to pay for the car rental has not I have not seen a dime for it. What I want to know Enterprise how can a $500 car rental go past a $1000 that was not aproved by me. I am still very mad and am goin to take further action. I know it was my insurance companys fault but come on now they had the contract from my insurance company saying they where going to pay the amount and then they taged on more and more money right in front of me three times the manager gave a diffrent amount.

All I agreed to was what my insurance company would pay nothing else that is stealing is what they did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-rent-a-car/Vandalia-ohio/Enterprise-rip-off-rent-a-car-company-Vandalia-1-800-rentacar-8721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise rent a car

the individual was completely responsible for the car rental bill

AUTHOR: Clifford - (U.S.A.)

The truth of the matter is, the person that has the issue with Enterprise left out a great deal of facts if at all you could understand the attempt at a sentence/paragraph/paper?

The fact of the matter is the individual was completely responsible for the car rental bill, regardless of what her insurance company told her. It does appear that the person was not 100% sure as to what they cover, so on and so forth, however, Enterprise took care of them when they needed the car, and most likely bent the rules to do so. As far as management in that company acting the way described is very very unlikely, again, its ones word verse anothers, however, ultimately in no way in court would Enterprise be at fault if the customer agreed to a contract, signed for and agreed that they would be responsible for any amount due upon return of the rental. Again, a lot of the customers facts, in my opinion, have been left out.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

get things straight first

AUTHOR: CA - ()

It sounds like you weren't sure about insurance coverage before you went in. You are blaming Enterprise for something that is between you and your insurance company. You wanted a car and you got one. They just want what is owed to them.
You should be complaining about your insurance company, not Enterprise Rent A Car.

#3 0