Complaint Review: Enterprise rental car

• Updated: Tue, March 18, 2014

• Reported By: Erin — West warwick Rhode Island
Enterprise rental car
300 Quaker Ln Ste 29 warwick, Rhode Island USA

Enterprise rental car DENT SCAM!!! SAYING I DENTED A CAR BECAUSE I REFUSED THEIR INSURANCE WARWICK RHode Island

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Customer Care

I rented a car from Enterprise rental on 3/7/2014 from the Warwick plaza location. It was an unexpected rental as a family member became ill and I had to go to NYC for the weekend.

I went in and the sales woman was nice to me at first,I told her a needed a car and we went thru the process and the price of the vehicle which was 9.99 a day with 100 miles a day allowed. I told her I was driving about 168 miles one way,she then informed for another 10 dollars a day I could get unlimited miles so I agreed. She said I would have a Haundi Accent which was fine.

She then asked me if I wanted there insurance and I said no. She asked where in NY was I going and I stated to Queens Ny. She said to me "well then you should really get our insurance it is only 19.99 extra a day, and going to that part of Ny you want insurance". I said "no I have rented from you guys for years and never purchased your insurance and never had and issue" and I also stated that I have my own insurance and any issues my company would cover it. She asked again and I declined Again!!

She then said "oh the chevy sonic just came back and is ready would that vehicle be ok?" I said yes thats fine I just need to get there and it did not matter. She then went over the gas with me at 3.05 a gallon I could bring it back on empty I said no.We went out and around the car quickly and went back inside,I signed what I needed to and left.

My husband brought the car back on Sunday and dropped the key in drop box and I stayed in Ny. I received a call from someone at enterprise saying that there was a dent in the car and I had to pay for it. There was no paint missing  or any other damage. It looks as if it was just pushed in. We did not make this dent and I am not paying for a dent that was not made while I had the car. I was also charged 10dollars for 2 gallons of gas as my husband did not fill it.

I think they are doing this to me because I refused their insurance and because I was going to the city. I also think that they gave me that vehicle on purpose.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-rental-car/warwick-Rhode-Island/Enterprise-rental-car-DENT-SCAM-SAYING-I-DENTED-A-CAR-BECAUSE-I-REFUSED-THEIR-INSURANC-1131528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise rental car

Enterprise Customer Care

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Erin,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care@Enterprise.com with complete details, including your contact information, rental agreement number, damage claim number (if you have one) and any further information regarding this experience.

When emailing, please list reference number 140320-002039 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,