Complaint Review: Enterprise

• Submitted: Tue, November 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 11, 2008

• Reported By:Blacksburg Virginia
Enterprise
55 Ponderosa Dr Christiansburg, Virginia U.S.A.

Enterprise Rental Car Minor scratch on already damaged and dirty car Christiansburg Virginia

*Author of original report: Enterprise rental car returned the charge. :)

Hi, all;

I had some embarrassing one from the rental car.

I just rented a car because my car is in a body shop. I got a car accident and the car needs to be fixed. So, the other party gave me a rental car authorization.

I got the rental car. But, it is already damaged in the rear bumper and not clean outside. Also, gas was not full, just 1/4. I think that just this car may come from somebody without cleaning up enough. However, I did not care about that too much because I need a car only.

When I returned the car, they just found that a scratch in the door. I just though that this is just a dirty thing on the door. But, they claimed me $500 because I did not have an insurance to cover that. If I paid the car with my credit car, I don't need to worry about the minor damage because the card will cover that.

But, this is just a bad luck. Because the car already had an explicit damage and not clean. So, it is very easy to be confused with dirty and damage. How can I figure out the difference between damage and dirties? I had to check the car very carefully and report everything which I am not responsible for.

I rented many cars before but, this is the only time I have this strange situation. The car accident which was not my fault and rental car damage happens! What a bad luck to me!

Just be careful! Do not have any car without checking any dirty and damage. They may take advantages of this!

Cy
Blacksburg, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2008 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise/Christiansburg-Virginia-24073/Enterprise-Rental-Car-Minor-scratch-on-already-damaged-and-dirty-car-Christiansburg-Virgin-387998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise

Enterprise rental car returned the charge. :)

AUTHOR: Cy - (U.S.A.)

I expect to get a call from the Enterprise about the accident report. But, they never contacted me! I have been frustrated and I sent an e-mail to the Enterprise to hear the reason why I have to be charged $500. Next day, they tried contact me but, an agent left a message on my voice mail. They researched this case and decided to return the charged one.

It seems somewhat strange but, they reacted my request fast at this time and got the full refund. It is not bad. At least, I can say the Enterprise deals with customer's complains carefully.