Complaint Review: Entertainment Book

• Updated: Mon, December 15, 2008

• Reported By:Vancouver British Columbia
Entertainment Book
www.Entertainment.com Internet U.S.A.

Entertainment Book Subscription Scam, Questionable Practices, Unfriendly Service San Diego Internet

**Be warned** once you sign up to their site and order a book there is no way out.... no access to cancel or change memberships ever, if you call them they will/may open a second or a third subscription under your name just to be nasty. Thier phone staff is extremely deceitful at best, they say one thing and do the opposite.

I signed up for a book, initially $35 w/ free shipping because I checked the subscription box. I really liked the book and used it often.

The next year it went up to $50 + 7.95 Shipping. And I had moved, so I called to cancel my subscription, thats when the trouble started. They told me yes we have "canceled your subscription, no more books will be sent" great right? - wrong.

What did they do? The company added a second subscription to my account, now sending me 2 books a year with no way of stopping it - ever.

Next, I sent the books back in the "provided" prepaid return envelope that comes with the books. Trick is, if you use that untraceable postage they say they never received it. I waited months, called a few times, no refund was ever issued for either books to this day..this is their scam.

Finally, I called Visa to do 2 charge backs.... but the first thing they say is
"DO You Have A Tracking# For the Returned Books" of course no I dont, and the company wont accept any returns not sent through using their untraceable prepaid envelopes.

I had to claim "item non received" through visa and my bank, still waiting for resolution 5 month later. Ive also had to send an account cancellation letter via 'registered" mail to entertainment book company, so I can prove to visa that I have canceled my account - so I can file future chargebacks against them.

What a hassle to say the least. Way to ruin an otherwise great product - dumb dumb dumb company. Buy your book at your local Mall, trust me its not worth dealing with the website.

Canada99
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2008 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entertainment-Book/internet/Entertainment-Book-Subscription-Scam-Questionable-Practices-Unfriendly-Service-San-Diego-401507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entertainment Book