Complaint Review: Entertainment Publications, Entertainment Rewards, E-Rewards

• Submitted: Fri, November 25, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, November 25, 2005

• Reported By:New York New York
Entertainment Publications, Entertainment Rewards, E-Rewards
1414 E. Maple Road Troy, Michigan U.S.A.

Entertainment Publications, Entertainment Rewards, E-Rewards Anauthorized monthly subscription Ripoff Troy Michigan

I was signed up without my knowledge or authorisation to E-Rewards / Entertainment Rewards following an online purchase with Ticktmaster. I found the unauthorised $9 charge on my statement only because I had lost my card, so hadn't made any other payments on it in a month. Otherwise I would never have noticed it and would have been paying $9 per month indefinately. I called my bank to find out what the charge was for, and they gave me the toll free number: 866 364 1333. I Googled the number and found this that I was being charged by this company "Entertainment Rewards", a company I have never heard of and never signed up for (although I have made 2 purchases with Ticketmaster in the past 3 months - never again). I went straight to my bank and had them call the toll free number for me and demand the funds to be reimbursed and the monthly debit cancelled. They agreed immediately and I received the money back in less than 2 weeks. I am very upset that Ticketmaster has passed on my banking information in this way - I had previously thought they were a reputable company.

Bethany
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2005 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entertainment-Publications-Entertainment-Rewards-E-Rewards/Troy-Michigan-48083/Entertainment-Publications-Entertainment-Rewards-E-Rewards-Anauthorized-monthly-subscrip-165789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entertainment Publications, Entertainment Rewards, E-Rewards