Complaint Review: Entertainment Publications Operating Company - Entertainment Rewards

• Submitted: Fri, September 02, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, September 02, 2005

• Reported By:Santa Monica California
Entertainment Publications Operating Company - Entertainment Rewards
1414 E Maple Road Troy, Michigan U.S.A.

Entertainment Publications Operating Company -Entertainment Rewards - Ticketmaster RIPOFF, DODGY, UNSCRUPULOUS, UNETHICAL, SCAM Troy Michigan

OK - so this has now happened to me twice!

When purchasing tickets online at ticketmaster.com, there is a trap where you are signed up for the Entertainment Rewards "service" that can only be described as a scam.

The first time I noticed a $7 transaction on my credit card, I thought it was something to do with a purchase at a Blockbuster or something. Then it occurred again the next month so I investigated. I was assured that I opted in to this scam when I purchased tickets online - something I am convinced I didn't do. Anyway, I escalated the issue to a supervisor at Entertainment Rewards and got my money refunded.

Just last month, I again noticed a charge from Entertainment Rewards on my credit card statement. This time it was $9 and it was my wife who purchased tickets online at ticketmaster.com. Despite knowing what had happened with my ticket purchase, she magically opted in for this scam.

By the time I noticed it this time, there were again two transactions on my card. I called Entertainment Rewards and again had to escalate my call to a supervisor because the initial person could reportedly only refund one month's charges. When I mentioned that I had seen much activity about their scam to the customer service representative (who was actually most helpful), they gave a knowing chuckle in agreement - who would want to work there? Poor bastards!

Anyway, I have been assured that my charges will be refunded but was told by the supervisor that she would note on my file that this has now happened twice and that they may not be so "lenient" if it happens again. I requested that they also note on my file that both times I was adamant that I did not opt in for this service.

Regardless, even if we did opt in, isn't it amazing how two people - who I would say are of reasonable intelligence - fell for the same trap?

Dodgy or what!?

Santa Monica, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2005 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entertainment-Publications-Operating-Company-Entertainment-Rewards/Troy-Michigan-49083/Entertainment-Publications-Operating-Company-Entertainment-Rewards-Ticketmaster-RIPOFF-155830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entertainment Publications Operating Company - Entertainment Rewards