Complaint Review: Entertainment Reward - ticketmaster.com

• Submitted: Fri, August 12, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, August 12, 2005

• Reported By:Palm Harbor Florida
Entertainment Reward - ticketmaster.com
4445 Corporation Lane Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.

Entertainment Reward - ticketmaster.com online scam, ripoff Virginia Beach Virginia

I purchased concert tickets online from ticketmaster.com in June. In July and in August I received $9.00 charges on my credit card from "Entertainment Rewards". I never heard of them.

They claim that when I purchased the concert tickets I also purchased a subscription to their coupon service (which I never received, never had access to, and never even knew I was supposed to have access to). I called them and disputed the charges and they refuse to issue a refund.

Employees will claim that they send out a confirmation email letting you know that if you don't cancel within 30 days you will be charged. I never received any sort of confirmation email. I do not have spam or junk filtering so it did not get mistakenly deleted as they will claim.

Had I known they were going to charge me I would have canceled within the 30 days. THIS IS PART OF THEIR SCAM. They do not send out any email informing you of your "purchase" because they know all the people that were duped will cancel immediately.

The scam works because when people like you and me order concert tickets we aren't actively reading the fine print. After your ticket order a box appears which makes you think you are entering your email address to confirm your order. However, by entering your email address you are not confirming your order -- instead you are unknowingly sending the scam company your credit card number. This is deceptive on their part.

I guarantee if you were required to reenter your credit card info like you would do with a normal online order, NO ONE WOULD PURCHASE THEIR SCAM. They do not provide any information explaining that your credit card is going to be forwarded to this company and you will be charged.

Jessica
Palm Harbor, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2005 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entertainment-Reward-ticketmastercom/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23462/Entertainment-Reward-ticketmastercom-online-scam-ripoff-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-153474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entertainment Reward - ticketmaster.com