Complaint Review: Entertainment Rewards - Entertainment Publications Operating - Tickemaster

• Submitted: Wed, September 21, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, September 21, 2005

• Reported By:marietta Georgia
Entertainment Rewards - Entertainment Publications Operating - Tickemaster
Maple Corporate Center, 1414 E Maple Road Troy, Michigan U.S.A.

Entertainment Rewards - Entertainment Publications Operating - Tickemaster Frudulently Charged My Credit Card after I cancelled my Account way before & refused to refund my money, Ripoff Troy Michigan

After I purchased my tickets from Tickemaster, I came across the Entertainment Rewards tab. I did not know what it was and by mistake I clicked on it only to find out that I had by mistake signed up for memebership with Entertainment Rewards. I cancelled immediately (within a minute).

A few days later I saw a charge for $3.99 on my Credit Card. I called them to tell them that I was charged even after I had cancelled. The operator said that since I had clicked on the it, that I was charged that fee. I figured I was charge b/c of my mistake. So I asked them to make sure I was out of their system and they confirmed it by sending me an email with a confirmation number that my membership was cancelled. (I still have that email).

However, next month, I got another charge for $3.99 on my Credit Card. When I called to see what was going on, they told me that since I had cancelled online, it did not go through in their system. When I told them that I had also cancelled that via Phone, they said the operator did not do it right. (mind you, I got a confirmation email from the operator).

When I told the operator that I wanted a refund, she said that since I had cancelled my subscription, she was unable to refund me my money. (that's pretty ironic, since they didn't have the right to charge me in the first place if I was not a member).

I still have not received my refund. If there are any lawyers out there, who are willing to take my case to the next level, I am ready to file a lawsuit against Entertainment Rewards.

Thank You!

Marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2005 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entertainment-Rewards-Entertainment-Publications-Operating-Tickemaster/Troy-Michigan-48083/Entertainment-Rewards-Entertainment-Publications-Operating-Tickemaster-Frudulently-Cha-157853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entertainment Rewards - Entertainment Publications Operating - Tickemaster