Complaint Review: Entertainment Rewards - Ticketmaster - TicketMaster.com

• Submitted: Mon, August 29, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 29, 2005

• Reported By:Scotts Michigan
Entertainment Rewards - Ticketmaster - TicketMaster.com
144 Jeferson Troy, Michigan U.S.A.

Entertainment Rewards - Ticketmaster - TicketMaster.com Ripoff, Credit Scam Troy Michigan

*Consumer Comment: You are not alone, ticketmaster.com is bilking their customers using this 3rd party called Entertainment Rewards

I ordered tickets to a pistons game from ticketmaster.com. A couple months later I noticed my credit card was being billed for some place called Entertainment Rewards. I called the number on the credit card statement, and I got an answering machine that sounded like it was someones home machine. I called my credit card compay and they were able to get through to them.

Apparently when I got tickets from ticketmaster they gave my credit card number out to this company who took $7.00 from me every month for 4 months. They said that I filled out some section on the ticket confirmation site saying I wanted discounts on certain things and that it would all be emailed to me.

I did not sign up for that. The lady at "entertainment rewards" informed me that i should have gotten three emails from them, but if i have a spam filter that i wouldnt get them. I asked if i never got them because i had never signed up for it? She told me that she would cancel the account and there was nothing else i could do.

I just want people to be aware of this frustrating scam and that people never use ticketmaster ever.

Dallas
Scotts, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2005 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entertainment-Rewards-Ticketmaster-TicketMastercom/Troy-Michigan/Entertainment-Rewards-Ticketmaster-TicketMastercom-Ripoff-Credit-Scam-Troy-Michigan-155323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entertainment Rewards - Ticketmaster - TicketMaster.com

AUTHOR: Dale - (U.S.A.)

Same thing happend to me. I did not click on anything after I bought my tickets from ticketmaster.com. I did NOT sign up for anything. However, they charged me $9. Ticketmaster.com provided all my personal information to this supposedly 3rd party. I also did not get any emails and I do not use any spam filters. THIS IS A SCAM and I have a DSL modem log to prove my claims that I did not sign up for this service. I also have a screenshot of my final purchase page from ticketmaster. Something should be done. I feel ticketmaster.com is bilking their customers using this 3rd party called Entertainment Rewards. I would love to hear from someone that could prove otherwise.