Complaint Review: Entertainment Rewards

• Submitted: Sat, August 06, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 29, 2005

• Reported By:manteca California
Entertainment Rewards
1414 E. Maple Road Troy Michigan, California U.S.A.

Entertainment Rewards ripoff dishonest fraudulent Troy Michigan nationwide

*Consumer Comment: I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE EMPLOYEE REBUTTAL** THIS IS A SCAM***

*UPDATE Employee: There are no pre-checked boxes

I bought something for my computer online and on the checkout page it had something about Entertainment rewards I just barely seen it but it did not catch my attention I continued to check out and a few days later I got a charge on my card from them. I Did not check the box for them to do this charge it was prechecked which is not right in any way this is fraud how is some company going to precheck a authorise box for me but they do, this is how they sneak there way into your money I have read there reports about how they don't scam on this web site but they do and it is the way I'm telling you right now.

They do it by prefilling your information and prechecking any authority box on a business deal or purchase from another company u did business with and I have a feeling they have ties to a lot of businesses because I read a lot of complaints about this company and where and when it happened and it is when u do business with these company's they jump in at the last minute and you owe them money what a big no no I do not condone in big business or corporations telling me what I can and cannot do and them prefilling any authorisation for them to do this on those deals you have done it is a big no no.. This is illegal for anyone who has your personal data to do anything with it IF you do not anything about or did not give them permission to do so but as far as prechecked boxes I'm not sure the law but they cannot charge you if u did not give them permission so this is a catch 22 and I don't know the ending ..

Jason
manteca, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2005 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entertainment-Rewards/Troy-Michigan-California-48083/Entertainment-Rewards-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-Troy-Michigan-nationwide-152782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entertainment Rewards

I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE EMPLOYEE REBUTTAL** THIS IS A SCAM***

AUTHOR: Dale - (U.S.A.)

I ordered tickets through tickemaster.com on July 23rd. I did not click on any additional links or buttons after my purchase. I did NOT sign up for Entertainment Rewards, yet like many people, they billed me anyway. I can prove in a court of law I never clicked anything with my DSL modem log for the day in question. There was no modem activity after I purchased my tickets. Had I clicked ANYTHING or went to any other page, it would show on my log. There is nothing there so don't let them try to convince you otherwise. I DID NOT get any emails like they say. I also do not use any spam filters. Entertainment Rewards tried to convince me I signed up. I know for a fact I didn't. They say they sent me emails. I know for a fact they didn't. I am a web master and computer literate professional. I am very VERY catious about giving personal information to anyone. I trusted ticketmaster.com. I realize now i should not have. They provided my personal information to Entertainment Rewards. ER provided me my email address, home address and date of my ticket purchase as proof that I signed up. ticketmaster.com provided this information. I didn't. THIS IS A SCAM and I can only wonder how many people they have bitten.

There are no pre-checked boxes

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

OK ..here we go again...

This is how you signed up for this..and let me tell ya charges just don't appear days later.

Ok.. when you make a purchase on a site we are affliated with, you are offered a cash back offer on your next purchase.

In order to sign up for the 30 day free trial.. you need to:

A) Place your e-mail address in twice.
B) Read the terms and conditions--- which I might add states clearly that if you do not cancel within 30 days we will bill you. It also states that which ever affliate you used is also authorized to send you name address and billing information to us.
C) Click on the yes button

Your sent out 3 e-mails during your free trial.. the first is sent on day one... It has your user name and pw.
Another is sent on day 15..
And another is sent on day 25 as a reminder you have 5 days to cancel before we bill.
And to clue you in on something... this offer is not made online on places where you buy things for your computer. It's offered on a few sites. Ticketmaster being one of them.

Sorry no rip off or scam..