Complaint Review: Entertainment Rewards/Ticketmaster SCAM

• Submitted: Mon, September 17, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 17, 2007

• Reported By:Grand Haven Michigan
Entertainment Rewards/Ticketmaster SCAM
1414 E. Maple Road Troy Michigan Troy, Michigan U.S.A.

Entertainment Rewards/Ticketmaster SCAM Ticketmaster, Entertainment Rewards, Internet Scam, Unauthorized charges Tory Michigan

I purchased tickets for a concert at www.ticketmaster.com. Shortly thereafter, I noticed that my credit card had been charged $9.00, 2 months in a row. The phone number for the account was on my statement. I called and entered "2" to cancel my account and got a "busy buzz" tone. I googled the company and came up with this website. I called the number back and pressed "1" (the only other option) to speak with someone. I gave the person my information and then DEMANDED they cancel my account, give me a confirmation number for the cancellation and instructed them to never take money from my account again. I was given all of this information and shortly thereafter received an email confirmation of my cancellation. BE VERY STERN. They will try to tell you that you authorized it... the same story they are telling everyone.

Following the advice on this website, I also contacted my credit card company and lodged and "official" dispute of the charges. I consider myself to be smart about watching out for this stuff. This is an OUT AND OUT SCAM! I NEVER AUTHORIZED THIS... they are doing this intentionally to trick people.

I will post back when I know more.

Grand Haven, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2007 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entertainment-RewardsTicketmaster-SCAM/Troy-Michigan/Entertainment-RewardsTicketmaster-SCAM-Ticketmaster-Entertainment-Rewards-Internet-Scam-275020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entertainment Rewards/Ticketmaster SCAM