Complaint Review: Entertainment.com - Entertainment Rewards - Ticketmaster

• Submitted: Sat, September 03, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, September 03, 2005

• Reported By:Escondido California
Entertainment.com - Entertainment Rewards - Ticketmaster
1414 E Maple Road Troy, Michigan U.S.A.

Entertainment Rewards & Ticketmaster Privacy Invasion Deceptive Fraudulent Billing Ripoff Troy Michigan

As with some 300 others this has also happened to me. And I buy a lot of stuff over the internet and am VERY VERY careful with regard to opting into things and privacy protection. On June 30, 2005 I purchased tickets on Ticketmaster (a ripoff in and of itself - I might add). When done, I vaguely recall some sort of popup asking me to fillout some questionaire or somesuch nonsense. I am quite certain that I would have summarily dismissed such crap as that.

Today I noticed a $9 charge to my card and upon further checking found it as well on the previous months credit card statement. I called the 800 number and like everyone else here listened to Muzak for 45+ minutes. Finally some troll answered the phone and essentially blew me off telling me that I had deliberately joined, not once, but twice in the same session. Furthermore, NO she would not issue a refund. No amount of complaining on my part swayed her. But she did offer to cancel my "membership" effective today. I am certain that Ticketmaster violated my privacy and provided my CC and other private information to Entertainment.com.

If anyone wants to get a Class Action going on this I'm in!!! This kind of crap is ruining the internet and must be stopped!!

Escondido, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2005 01:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entertainmentcom-Entertainment-Rewards-Ticketmaster/Troy-Michigan-48083/Entertainment-Rewards-Ticketmaster-Privacy-Invasion-Deceptive-Fraudulent-Billing-Ripoff-155873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entertainment.com - Entertainment Rewards - Ticketmaster