Complaint Review: Entrepreneur's Source, Franchise Source, Franchise E Souce, Advi Coach, Terry Powell

• Submitted: Fri, March 23, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: Franchise Expert with worlds most r — Greenwich Connecticut United States of America
900 Main St South, Building 2 Southbury, Connecticut United States of America

Entrepreneur's Source, Franchise Source, Franchise E Souce, Advi Coach, Terry Powell Terry Powell Considering becoming an Entrepreneur's Source franchisee or franchisee of any of their brands, RUN LIKE THE WIND Southbury, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Very happy with TES

*General Comment: TES fails not the Coaches

*General Comment: You are so right

Are you looking to become an E Source Franchisee or a franchisee of any brands in the FranchiseSource family of brands?  Run like wind.  As a franchising expert, I come across many different kinds of franchise companies.  Some highly successful, some marginal, and every once in awhile one which has zero integrity and is detrimental and devistating to most of the people who attach themselves to it.  The Entrepreneur's Source is a company led by a vile and disgusting man named Terry Powell.  Google his name with "Entrepreneur's Source" and you will find 3 "rip off report" accusations attached to his name on the first page of the search.  Why?  Is he a victim of slander?  Or is he a dispicable and disreputable monster with a long history of failure.  And after his franchisees fail, he continues to sue them for future royalties.  Sometimes he will forfeit future royalties if franchisees agree not to say anything negtive about him in conversations with future franchisees.

So if you reseach this chain and either 1.  franchisees are not returning your calls, or 2. You don't hear anything negative, don't buy their charm.  It's the gag orders he has in effect.  Terry will sue them personally and sue their families.  Terry is the most despised and disrespected person in franchising.  He will die alone.  He has alienated his wife and kids.  The only people who will attend his funeral will be disgruntled franchisees who can now come out of hiding and piss on his grave.  If there is a hell, and I don't wish this on anyone, you can count on the fact he will be there for eternity if he doesn't change his ways.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2012 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entrepreneurs-Source-Franchise-Source-Franchise-E-Souce-Advi-Coach-Terry-Powell/Southbury-Connecticut-06488/Entrepreneurs-Source-Franchise-Source-Franchise-E-Souce-Advi-Coach-Terry-Powell-Terry-858270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entrepreneur's Source, Franchise Source, Franchise E Souce, Advi Coach, Terry Powell

Very happy with TES

AUTHOR: happy_franchisor - ()

I work for a franchisor and I can tell you that TES has many, many, many, happy franchisees.  There is business is a busienss that you will get exactly what you put in.  If you want to sleep in every day until 2 and work until 5 you will not make any money.  If you work, have your clients best interest at heart, and have a desire for success, you can do great.  Beleive me my company has written many checks to TES and their consultants, all of which are still with TES 10 plus years later.

Great company and I would buy one if I ever wanted to be in another business.

#2 General Comment

TES fails not the Coaches

AUTHOR: TES Coaching Deception - (Canada)

I agree with everything in this report.  But I want to add that for the most part, coaches are truly interested in helping people find the right business.  Coaches are usually corporate executives with great experience and training.  This report should not disparage any coach in any way, rather it highlights the difficulties coaches have in trying to run their business with the CEO from he...

Don't get involved with FSBI brands as a franchisee.  But working with a TES coach will really help you decide what you want in a business.

#3 General Comment

You are so right

AUTHOR: presentlyhappy - (United States of America)

Thank you for posting.  I know you must have been very frustrated to be pushed to this end.

I wanted to just add that the 230 or so franchisee owners are focused on helping our clients and we know we are stuck with an arrogant franchisor.  I cannot speak for all the franchisee but for me, I  try to ignore him as much as possible and avoid any contact with him.

Bottom line, I would never recommend this firm to my clients to invest in but I am stuck because I have spent over 200K trying to make it work for my family.  He tells us it is our fault.  He gives us aged leads and when coaches leave he gives us those old leads that didn't buy from them in the hopes we will find 1 lead out of thousands.  He should read the book by Jim Collins, How the Mighty Fall:  And Why Some Companies Never Give In because he fits the arrogance model that Jim describes. He writes emails of how great he is and how from a simple paper pad he sold franchises to clients so with all his "great tools" why can't we.  His tools are terrible and his IT team does not know anything about technology or he simply does not let do their job.. who knows.  All I know is that I'm out of here as fast as I can and I will never recommend this model to anyone.

I share this to help others not to buy this model until Powell retires or wakes up.  But also wanted to let consumer know that the owners of the independent offices are people who simply want to earn a living and help their clients.

USA Coach afraid to say name since Powell will send his evil lawyer, Church, to do his dirty work.