Complaint Review: Envato

• Submitted: Thu, February 21, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 01, 2013

• Reported By: Jesse — Oakland California United States of America
Envato
Level 13, 2 Elizabeth St Melbourne, Select State/Province United States of America

Envato GraphicRiver.net Unfriendly and unfair to consumers who make an honest mistake; "Gotcha" is their policy. Melbourne, Other

*Author of original report: Envato offered me an exchange...

This company does not believe in consumer fairness. They run with the "Gotcha!" policy when you as an innocent consumer make an honest mistake or are misled by the sites they advertise on. I was searching the Adobe Illustrator Exchange and found an image I liked. The page did not disclose that the image was raster-based (Illustrator is vector-based and thus re-sizable). Having no reason to doubt something listed on Adobe Illustrator Exchange, I clicked the BUY button next to the image on the Adobe page Envato advertised on. This routed me through a series of web pages and after finally paying for the product and downloading it, I somehow wound up with an unusable raster-based image instead of a vector-based Illustrator image. I asked for a refund from Envato / Digital River and they refused. They acknowledged that I had indeed made a honest mistake somewhere during the process (and/or that their page on Adobe was misleading/incomplete), but their "Ha-ha, gotcha" policy dictates that no consumers shall receive any refund after paying and downloading an unusable image. This company and its associates are profiting from the honest mistakes of consumers (or Envato's intermediaries like Adobe), who believe they are paying for something that is not what they end up with. That is an unfair and a patently dishonest business practice. I was ripped off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Envato/Melbourne-Select-StateProvince-8011/Envato-GraphicRivernet-Unfriendly-and-unfair-to-consumers-who-make-an-honest-mistake-Go-1017947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Envato

Envato offered me an exchange...

AUTHOR: Consumer Advocate - (United States of America)

My original complaint has been handled to my satisfaction at this point. My complaint was escalated and Envato management offered to let me purchase something of equal value that would meet my vector art requirement. I accepted this compromise. They then credited back my original purchase. I now have artwork which I can use.