Complaint Review: Envato

• Updated: Sun, January 26, 2014

• Reported By: Web Developer — Montreal Quebec
Envato
Internet Australia

Envato ThemeForest CodeCanyon Envato lets publishers fade away with my paid items Melbourne Internet

I'm a big professional web builder and I purchased several WordPress themes and plug-ins, as well as other scripts, from Envato Marketplaces such as ThemeForest and CodeCanyon, in the past year (that would be 2013). Even though I paid good money for these digital items, some of them have just vanished away, with the publisher who has the "right" to just delete all his downloadable files, thus leaving the paying customers with... absolutely nothing!

Worse, there NO WAY to contact the publisher and Envato won't help! Envato won't even re-imburse the customer! So I have a MAJOR GRIPE against Envato because they make the customer believe he'll have access to the downloadable files but that can cease at any time, without any warning or even a backup file (of the date of the purchase) to download.

As far as I'm concerned, this is very close to stealing from customers by making no provision whatsoever to protect Envato customers from the danger of having publishers vanish away with their digital items. [continued below]....

....... especially when there have been sales! Envato administrators aren't doing ANYTHING to stop this border-illegal digital items disappearance in their marketplace so I'm calling them for what they are.

Australian police needs to look into Envato's twisted marketplace to see how many thousands of paying customers they have stolen from by removing the items they had already paid for. They want to hide behind some shallow excuse of giving power to the publisher but they took my money and yanked my paid digital items from my account so to me, they need to be help accountable for my loss.

Envato needs to get a grip on their marketplace because right now, paying customers are being ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2014 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Envato/internet/Envato-ThemeForest-CodeCanyon-Envato-lets-publishers-fade-away-with-my-paid-items-Melbour-1118660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Envato