Complaint Review: Envato.com Themeforest.net Codecanyon.net

• Updated: Thu, June 05, 2014

• Reported By: 41101 — Los Angeles California
Envato.com Themeforest.net Codecanyon.net
Internet USA

Envato.com Themeforest.net Codecanyon.net Envato Themeforest Codecanyon Internet

Please do not purchase from Envato (Themeforest, Codecanyon, etc), there is better support with plugins where you buy directly from a highly recommended plugins website. Envato/Paypal creates a wall for sellers to hide behind. Do not use paypal to buy software, they do not cover it, you cannot make a claim on software like you can with your bank, and your bank has more protection and is more on your side than paypal. Most bank accounts insure you up to $100k so your money is safe.

About my experience, I purchased a plugin, posted an issue on the plugins support forum, and received no response, no support at all. I even bumped my post in case the author did not see it and had the purchase code in my profile like the forum states. Then I left a comment to him on envato, yet no response to my support post.

After waiting 2 weeks, I asked envato for a refund. The plugin advertised support but I could not get in contact with the plugins support.

Mario, the support at envato, first points out

"Remember: although we do encourage authors to provide free support (and most do to generate better sales for themselves and keep their customers happy), the reality is that authors are not required to provide support and it is their choice to do so. This is also true for item updates, as long as the item is working correctly."

Yet it advertises the complete opposite and states nothing about not having support on the pluins page on envato where you purchase it. To me this is ilegal. I cannot get away with this with my business, why do they?

Then Mario asked me what the problem was with the plugin, even after I explained in detail that my issue was with no customer support and fraudulent advertising.

I made the mistake in telling him the issue with the plugin, because 2 weeks later he finally tells me they couldnt duplicate the issue so they couldn't give a refund. Lol of course!

Also the comment I left on envato, about not receiving any support, was deleted by envato. That comment was 100% true, I never received any support, yet because it was a negative comment they delete it. They do not want negative comments because to hinders sales. Yet by deleting all the negative comments warning others, this falsely entices people to purchase crap, and you will get no refund for fraudulent advertisments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2014 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Envatocom-Themeforestnet-Codecanyonnet/internet/Envatocom-Themeforestnet-Codecanyonnet-Envato-Themeforest-Codecanyon-Internet-1152343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Envato.com Themeforest.net Codecanyon.net