Complaint Review: Environmental Water Resource

• Submitted: Wed, November 07, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: James — Port Richey Florida United States of America
Environmental Water Resource
12304 Coronado dr spring hill fl 34609 spring hill, Florida United States of America

Environmental Water Resource Make my water better False Advertisement, Hi-Pressure-Sales, Very Rude Salesman spring hill, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: that's such a lie dan

*Consumer Comment: annoyed/pressured

*Consumer Comment: Actual New Customer No Regrets

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Pres/Owner

Just bought a house and received a card in mail" Water-update" Environmental Water Resource contact office within 72hrs. Thinking this was from the water company I called and they sent a person out saying that they needed a water sample and nothing more than that.

This was a hi-pressure sales for a 5900.00 water filtration system and they wanted Money immediately.  I am younger and was able to getrid of this guy after an hour but just want to let the elderly know that this would be a bad thing for them. This guy did not no for an answer an I thought I would have to throw this guy out of my house. My wife had to go outside.

Please Alert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Environmental-Water-Resource/spring-hill-Florida-34609/Environmental-Water-Resource-Make-my-water-better-False-Advertisement-Hi-Pressure-Sales-965923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Environmental Water Resource

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

that's such a lie dan

AUTHOR: brittanyj13 - ()

the biggest thing that gets me about the "water tests" is that you guys dont even actually test the water. the salesman, bob, said that testing water is pointless because today you can get one result and get a different result tomorrow. i recieved no water test nor any "written results". false advertisement at it's finest.

annoyed/pressured

AUTHOR: brittanyj13 - ()

I just got done dealing with one of these salemen,bob k, and i too felt very pressured and at the end overall very annoyed by this situation.

i recived the notice to contact the office within 72 hrs so i did. the man on the phone stated that they want to come out and test the water, at no cost, and it would take about 30 min to do so. so i set the appt up for today, friday oct 18th @ 7pm.

i got home today at 6:45 with the man waiting for me. he makes conversation about water and filtration, etc. we go inside and he starts his presentation and THEN i learn that this is a sales man. i let him go through his whole thing and then he wants to talk money...$5k or $99 a month for 5 years. i am a 20 yo single mom and wanted to discuss w my boyfriend our finances before we make a commitment. well then the salesman becomes a really big jerk.

he complains about how much i just wasted his time and that he knows i am not going to call him and that i should have let him know that i was not the only decision maker. completely rude at that point. he was in my house for over an hour! the phone call was very misleading. i told him sorry but no decision at this time and that i didnt know this was sales and he said that if from the phone call that i knew it was sales then of course i would have never let him in!!!

he put max pressure on me to buy into this and was a jerk in the end. i would never buy from this company due to the rudeness of the salesman aftet i said not at this moment. completely unacceptable customer service!!

Actual New Customer No Regrets

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

I too am a new home owner in Spring Hill, FL.  I too received the card mentioned in the original complaint.  I too thought the card originated from the local water utility.  I too contacted the number listed on the card for that reason.  I did receive the exact scripted message detailed in the owner's rebuttal.

Having been on the planet a while now, I quickly realized that this was not a water department contact but rather a solicitation.  Also having used water for the entire time I have been on this planet I agreed to an appointment to have the water test completed.

The salesman arrived a little late but courteously called me to explain the delay.  Shortly after he arrived he set about testing the water.  I have a great deal of experience in chemistry and was impressed with the technique with which my water was evaluated.

At no time did I feel pressured.  In fact he was so low key that I wondered if I was wrong about this being a solicitation!  Unlike the original complaint I was so impressed with the thoroughness of the water test and the salesman's ability to demonstrate the value of water filtration that I actually called my children in from outside to watch and learn!

Aware that my water was in need of filtration and softening I actually was the one who promted the salesman to begin his pitch.  The process was short and direct.  Dollar wise,  the cost for what is clearly an elite softener and filtration system was very competitive.  Warranty and service wise this product and company is far above the competition.

Delivery and installation was the same day.  I have had the product for a little over a month now and am literally impressed each day at how effectively it is treating my water.  Absolutely every promise made by the salesman, owner, and service staff has been exceeded!

Personal attention, respect and genuine integrity sums up my experience with Environmental Water Resource.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Pres/Owner

AUTHOR: Environmental Water - (United States of America)

I would like to apologize to the customer for any misunderstanding. I send out every card and answer every call with Environmental Water Resource this is Dan how may I help you,? What city are you calling from so I can help you. Let Answer- Reply- any new resident we will be sending thais notice, the reason we sent this notice is to let you know we are doing some testing on the different levels on your water, their is no charge for the test, all we need is the best time that we could meet you in order to get the test done?

After the appointment is set, I end with, So you no what to expect is, we will need access to the kitchen sink, the test takes about 30 min. and both you and your wife need to be present. After the test we will leave you with written results, answer any questions, would the best time for you be in the morn, afternoons, or evenings? We never ask for a Sample! I tell every customer we need access to the kitchen sink, and please dont forget, also at least 30 min... If it was true why did he let him stay One Hour?

We advertise all new home owners, not any specific age. Its obvious he is not telling the truth. I am sorry that he is upset. I want all our customers to know I care strongly about how they feel. And No One Or very few people drink the tap water! This is how we advertise our products! We are in about 400 homes a week, we would definitely have more than two complaints within my 15 years in the industry. Sincerely Pres/Owner Dan Hatfield If the customer would like to call I would welcome the chance to apologize.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC