Complaint Review: Epenzio, Bring It Home, H.O.M.E., Fair Financial, Avalon Digital, Pacific Web Works

• Submitted: Sun, March 09, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, March 10, 2003

• Reported By:Silver Spring Maryland
2755 E. Cottonwood Pkwy, 4th Floor Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Epenzio, Bring It Home, H.O.M.E., Fair Financial, Avalon Digital, Pacific Web Works Unethical and fraudulent sales tactics - Push for Class Action Lawsuit!! Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: My wife and I also fell victum to these rip-off artists.

.): I recieved notification of a seminar that was being held in Tysons Corner, VA regarding how to start a business. Soon after the seminar began, I realized that the seminar was trying to sell websites. After the first half of the seminar, everyone was asked to purchase a website for 99.00 plus $10 a month maintenance fee. We were told that if we did not purchase the website we would not be allowed to stay for the second half of the seminar. I purchased the website. The second half of the seminar pushed us to purchase a merchant account that costed a hefty $2700.00. When I asked the representative questions because I was unsure of such a costly investment, he stated that if I had questions then I was not ready to start a business and that I would not be a successful businessperson. I felt extremely pressured into signing a commitment to pay the $2700 in monthly installments of $89. Their tactics were unethical as they did not mention that there was a five day cancellation period after signing the contract. Regretfully, I signed the contract and never heard from Epenzio again until I was debited $89 from an unknown debitor, Fair Financial.

I disputed the charge to my account (which I did not authorize them to use to debit my account). I contacted Fair Financial and they stated that they are collecting on behalf of Epenzio. I explained that I never received any type of software of material and explained that I was pressured into signing a contract that I was never sure of signing. I contact Better Business Bureau in April 2001 and they acted as a mediator. I offered to pay for the six months of NO service that I received as I felt that this was just punishment for signing something that I was unsure of signing. I also filed a report with the Federal Trade Commission as well. For months I did not receive any answer from the business and I hoped that they had dropped the issue.

Now, I received a collection notice from OSI (of Valley View, OH/phone number:216-525-3300) stating that I owe Avalon Digital $3292.70.

Deedee
Silver Spring, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2003 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Epenzio-Bring-It-Home-HOME-Fair-Financial-Avalon-Digital-Pacific-Web-Works/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84121/Epenzio-Bring-It-Home-HOME-Fair-Financial-Avalon-Digital-Pacific-Web-Works-Unethi-48573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Epenzio, Bring It Home, H.O.M.E., Fair Financial, Avalon Digital, Pacific Web Works

#1 Consumer Suggestion

My wife and I also fell victum to these rip-off artists.

AUTHOR: Chad - (U.S.A.)

I did create a web site to publish to my "unlimited" web space, only to find if I wanted to use my own software (Frontpage or Dreamweaver) to create the site and my own FTP software to upload it, my unlimited space dropped down to 100 megabites. Granted that is a lot of space but it's far from unlimited. And, of course, we didn't find out about this until well AFTER the 3 day cancel period had expired. Still, we tried to be hopeful and dutifully paid the fees for a year. In the entire year we had NO income from the site and not even a single email from the site.

To the ex-EPenzio employee, not everyone who attends a seminar is looking to "get rich quick". I had a full time job, my wife was very ill, we were looking for a way to increase our income to cover her medical bills. She is on the list for a Heart/Double Lung Transplant that she will die without and those expenses are staggering! And if the EPenzio/Fair Financial people don't believe me, they can check it out via The National Transplant Assistance Fund (NTAF) at www.transplantfund.org and the fundraising site I created out of desperation when I lost my job! www.heartforadele.com

We contacted Fair Financial and begged them to let us out of the contracts. We didn't ask for any of the money we had paid them back, we just wanted out at that point. Basically the answer we got was, "Gee, sorry to hear about your wife. But you signed the contracts"

In the mean time they kept hitting our checking account, costing us hundreds of dollars in overdrafts. The bank finally closed down our account! I guess that's one way to stop payments to Fair Financial!! Then the phone calls started. The stress was too much, with Adele's health and just having lost my job, we had the phone number changed. I'm sure they are going to take legal action and I have no idea what we'll do when that happens.

I would dearly love to see a class action suit to shut these people down. If a suit is filed I hope I find out about it in time to add our voices! In the mean time, I just hope other potential "clients" will find this web site in time to read the warnings and prevent them from making the same horrible mistakes we made.