Complaint Review: Epic International, Inc

• Submitted: Fri, April 20, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, April 20, 2012

• Reported By: Jamie — Bellevue Nebraska United States of America
Epic International, Inc
41 New Britain Avenue, Suite 1, Rocky Hill, CT Rocky Hill, Connecticut United States of America

Epic International, Inc Lying, shady, witholding information about a product that isn't worth the amount paid NOR the amount they say it's worth Rocky Hill, Connecticut

As members of the military, we fall prey to scammers all of the time, but never have I been so disrespected as to have a scammer enter my home and sell my family and I a product that is not worth the money they are charging us for it and sold based on lies. The salesman came to my home over 3 times without me being able to acknowledge him.

Every time I finished getting ready in time to open the door, he was gone. He most likely came during other times. When we were finally able to speak with him, he made his little sales pitch "I have some products for you that you will be generously compensated for". We arranged another meeting time.

When he came back he spent almost 2 hours telling us what wonderful products we were going to receive and how we would be "generously compensated" for using them. By the end of his rant, he told us that we would be paying over $2400 for the products, a bunch of useless encyclopedias and CLEP/DANTES books that are FREE for anyone looking for them and that we can access for free at the base library, but he didn't tell us that. He said that their books were better for us to study with.

The parts that I had the biggest issues with were: he claimed that the contract was a bill of sales we were just signing to acknowledge that the sale was made. He made no reference to being able to cancel nor did he specify a timeline. He even said blatantly out of his mouth that there was no need to read the rest of the contract. He also told us that in order for us to be able to make the sale we needed to give him at least 2 references. He told us not to tell them that we gave them his name so they wouldnt feel obligated to purchase just because we referenced them.

With this information, I wondered how he even got our address in order to come to our apartment because he only took down phone numbers. In all, this whole shady company is a scam, trying to make money off of young, nave military families using unfair practices. The way that they catch you is not telling you can cancel, telling you what youre signing is not a contract, and giving false information about the products, which ARE NOT worth over $13,000 and aren't even worth the $2400 were quoted NOR the $3200 we will end up paying at the end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2012 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Epic-International-Inc/Rocky-Hill-Connecticut-06067/Epic-International-Inc-Lying-shady-witholding-information-about-a-product-that-isnt-w-871422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Epic International, Inc