Complaint Review: Epic Sounds

• Phone: 727-3659774
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

Epic Sounds White van Tampa Florida

I was pulling out of the parking lot for my place of employment. I pulled up to take a right on a main road, traffic was backed up beyond my exit. The car that was blocking my exit yelled and asked if I wanted a free home theatre, naturally, home theatre? free? Whats this guy up to

We pull into the next parking lot and he tells me that hes on a delivery making a run with these 1999.99 MSRP home theatre speakers. He opens up the back of his red SUV and shows me that he has about 5 of them in which he got 2 extra in a delivery of the lot of them. He tells me that hes off to deliver the rest of them now and that he needs to get rid of them or they'll take the extra.

As proof that he's on a delivery, he showed me a fedex package with the amount of the delivery printed on a sheet of paper taped onto the package. The paper included the license plate of the car, the name of the drivers, location to where they were deliverying, it looked incredibly legitimate.

He told me that he was going to try to sell them on ebay if he can hide one away for 1000$, and if I was going to do the same, at least wait a week so he doesnt have competition.

After some talking, he opens up the completely "factory" sealed box, shows me the speakers, and walks me to the nearest ATM to pull out 100 dollars. I give him 200 dollars, in order to build more rapport with me, he also tells me that if I ever see him around, i should can just buy him some beers as well since the price he was asking was so cheap.

The second I get back to work, I did some research and immediately realized what I had done.

I'm a college student. I don't have a lot of money lying around. I'm trying my best to buy christmas presents for my entire family for the first time in years. then this happens. I wrote down the license plate number and have the cell phone number of the man who sold it to me. Chris was the con artist, randy was the driver.

Chris
tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 11:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Epic-Sounds/Tampa-Florida/Epic-Sounds-White-van-Tampa-Florida-402224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Epic Sounds