Harbor

• Submitted: Mon, February 07, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, April 14, 2005

• Reported By:Fairbanks Alaska
Epson - Office Max
24 College RD Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Epson - Office Max promised me a rebate, and never came through, ripoff Fairbanks Alaska

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Rebate Problem I will try to help the best I can.

*Author of original report: Pattern?

I bought a sony cyber shot at office max, and with it I bought the Epson 825 photo printer. $75 rebate. After a entire summer and part of the winter of being Screwed over by Epson. I then turned my attention to office max, they had the offer in their store, and I wanted them to take care of me, since EPSON couldnt care less about screwing over their customer.

I talked with them several times on the phone with promises of it will be there 4-6 weeks, I've heard that five times already. Then I started to email them, lucky me cause now I have some proof of them telling me ill get it and then of course it never comes.

Here is some of a few email
How can we help: I checked the status of my rebate and it states that my rebate is invalid. What do I need to do to receive my rebate?
> I have a question: i bought a cyber shot camera from your guys , and a epson photo 825, asked the man who sold it to me" do i need to fill anything out and send it in with this?" he told me no, just your reciept and
a copy of the rebate offer. Sent it in, and as I'm sure you know, I needed to fill out the rebate paper like i asked in the first place.

Got that filled it out, sent it in. They sent me back a card that said I didn't have all the information. I forget what it was exactly they wanted, since it has been so long. But I had to go to the office max to get the info.

Went there got the info again, and this time all I had to do was fax it to them, did that, and never heard from them again. Called them up trying to figure out why I haven't recieved my rebate. They don't know who I am or any thing about it
> >:( called up I believe you guys? The office max customer service. The lady appologized for the way epson was being and put me on hold for a sec, came back and said she would send it to me. I thanked her and hung up.

That was months ago. Why is it I can't get my rebate? This happen all the time? You guys put people off so long they just give up? I must be in your
computer, where she had talked to me, and put in for a check to be sent to me. Please let me know if any thing you know or can do about this. Travis

This is what they sent back to me
Thank you for your rebate inquiry and the additional information you sent.
We are pleased to inform you that we have updated your record with this information, and your rebate submission is now valid. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your rebate. Your check will be in the form of a postcard.

We appreciate your participation in this promotion. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please contact us at maxmyrebates@maxmyrebates.com. We are always happy to help.

Of course it never showed!! I'm tired of being screwed over by these companies. Hope this makes a few million people never shop there.

Travis
Fairbanks, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2005 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Epson-Office-Max/Fairbanks-Alaska/Epson-Office-Max-promised-me-a-rebate-and-never-came-through-ripoff-Fairbanks-Alaska-130481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Epson - Office Max

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Rebate Problem I will try to help the best I can.

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

I used to work at Office Max. I will try to help the best I can. I fight for my rebates with companies all the time too. First, submit all materials (e-mails, etc.) to your state's Attorney General's Office. You can often fill out a complaint form on their website. Next, contact both the manufacturer and Office Max. Corporate contact information for companies can be found at www.hoovers.com.

Office Max will probably repsond if you contact the corporate office. If not, they will definately respond when you file a Attorney General complaint.

If they still do not respond for some reason, here are more actions to take:

-Contact the Office Max store manager where you bought it. If he/she doesn't help, ask for the Office Max district office. (O.M. store managers worry when you ask for this.)
-File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org.

In any case, you may want to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov. That won't take action for your personal case, but our complaints help them to enforce laws in the future.

AUTHOR: Travis - (U.S.A.)

I wish i would have read this site before i bought from them,. I see a pattern here, anyone else? I bet they couldnt careless.