Complaint Review: Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

• Submitted: Tue, December 31, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, December 31, 2002

• Reported By:League City Texas
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
207 South Houston Street Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission rip-off Dallas Texas

At the urging of my deceased sister coworkers I filed a claim againt K-Mart Corporation on Nov 15, 2001. After approx 10 months this claim came up for abritration but was canceled without notice fromm the EEOC because the charge was wrongful termination, sexual harrassement and other issues the K Mart manager bestowed upon my sister.

She had a fatal heart attack leaving the unemployment office after the manager sent her on a wild goose chase knowing what the outcome would be. Thiss added too much stress to her and she wascarrying this burden around for months. she told me of the things she was put through but after 1 year the EEOC decided discrimination did not exist and her coworkers was wrong, if they were interviewed.

I am presently waiting on their investigative filr to verify other irregularitie. My sister was supposedly fired for giving a coworker one slice of $ 1.00 pizza that was being thrown out. The white male employee was also terminated to cover the managers tracks. I was told thet managers there eat free food all the time. How many others has been terminated for the same reason.

Discrimantion did exist and there were people ready to testify to it. Unfortunately my sister is dead and can not defend herself. I only know for sure what she told me and what kind of hell she was subjected to before her death. Do the large corporations have the EEOC in their pocket ? The EEOC personnel would not return most of my calls when I called to inquire about the status of my claim. We need to look at ways for a class action lawsuit against the people who is SUPPOSE to represent the worker in this type of case. I do not believe for a minute this case was investigated.

Dallas District Office of the EEOC do not have a good or fair reputation for handling minorities claims. It was in writing courtesy of the Dallas Morning News.

League City, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2002 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equal-Employment-Opportunity-Commission/Dallas-Texas-775202-4726/Equal-Employment-Opportunity-Commission-rip-off-Dallas-Texas-39652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equal Employment Opportunity Commission