Complaint Review: Equiant Financial

• Submitted: Mon, January 28, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: lsumsw — Redondo Beach California United States of America
Equiant Financial

Equiant Financial Equiant After my loan was paid off, Equiant continued to withdraw monthly payments for two months and when I blocked further withdrawals, they threatened me! Internet

I paid 120 payments on a 10 year loan (12 months x 10 years) on a timeshare I purchased from Shell Vacations.  The last payment was made in 10/12.  The Loan Statement at the website even says total payments 120.  Total payments made 120.  Nonetheless, in November and December, Equiant Financial, who manages all of Shell's loans, withdrew payments in both those months.  I contacted them by e-mail.  Finally I went to bank to stop them from continuing to take more payments.  Then I received an e-mail to the effect that this was because my loan was an adjustable and the rate increased and I owed more. ???  I have had this loan ten years for this timeshare and have never had any communication whatsoever that there was a rate increase! None.  Mortgage interest rates and car interest rates along with all other interest are in the basement, but not Shell Loans?  Really?  Friday I received a bill for an additional $395.86 "Loan Payoff". ??? Today I got a rude call from a male from Equiant who asked why I blocked further withdrawals and I told him.  He said "Oh, does that mean you don't intend to make further payments?"  I said I was done.  He then said I would continue to receive calls.  I told this a** he had better not since he was calling me at work and that is not permitted.  He never offered any kind of apology or mea culpa, didn't even bother to try to lie and tell me I had been notified.  What you hear and read about Equiant is true.  They are awful.  Rude, arrogant and horrible, pathetic customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equiant-Financial/internet/Equiant-Financial-Equiant-After-my-loan-was-paid-off-Equiant-continued-to-withdraw-month-1005025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equiant Financial