Complaint Review: Equifax Credit Bureau

• Submitted: Sat, April 04, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, April 04, 2009

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Equifax Credit Bureau
P.O. Box 740241 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Equifax Credit Bureau/CSC Credit Credit Bureau Atlanta Georgia

While trying to clean up my credit report as Equifax rarely ever marks anything as paid. So I had my credit report ran in January 2009 and again in March of this year and I find 4 collections that had been paid off 3 years ago and were showing as paid by all 3 reporting bureaus When it was pulled again in March these bills again were showing as unpaid by equifax.This is unfair credit reporting and I don't know why our government is allowing this to keep going on unchecked.

It has once again been disputed but all this going back and forth is dragging my score down and I am unable to get credit. And we call this a free country yeah free for the credit bureaus to ruin you and your reputation and not give it a second thought. and let me tell you they say medical bills don't keep you from getting a mortgage don't believe it because the only outstanding things on my credit report were medical and I was turned down because of my low credit score well when they screw your reports up so bad just to sell more reports how can you ever get ahead??

I say we need a law suit against equifax for unfair credit reporting and failure to investigate when negative things are given to them especially when something that was reported as paid is now being re-entered as unpaid how is that possible?? I sent them proof of the bills being paid and the dates.I think we all need to ban together to get the full account numbers and or the docket numbers to be put on the reports and anything less than the full number not be allowed.

Disgusted in Indiana

Laura
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2009 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equifax-Credit-Bureau/Atlanta-Georgia-30374/Equifax-Credit-BureauCSC-Credit-Credit-Bureau-Atlanta-Georgia-440788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equifax Credit Bureau